If you want to add more seafood to your diet, you can’t go wrong with salmon especially if it’s fresh and wild. Salmon is considered to be one of the world’s healthiest foods. I know you’re really going to love the Whiskey Glazed Salmon recipe featured below.
This Whisky Glazed Salmon recipe calls for marinating the salmon in an unbelievably yummy combination of brown sugar, vanilla, bourbon, soy, ginger, lemon, onions, and garlic. It’s easy to make and you’ll become a fish lover for sure if you aren’t already. You don’t have to use expensive bourbon either unless you want to drink some with it. LOL
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of whiskey or bourbon
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of thinly sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 4 six ounces of salmon, filleted
- ½ cup of scallions, minced
- Cooking spray
- Use a large Ziploc plastic bag. Place the brown sugar, vanilla extract, whiskey, soy sauce, fresh ginger, lemon juice, garlic cloves and onions inside.
- Add the fish to the bag and let it sit there for two hours in a refrigerator. Turn it occasionally.
- Heat a nonstick pan over moderate heat. Use some cooking spray to coat the pan.
- Add the salmon and marinade to the pan.
- Cook the salmon for approximately five minutes on each side. The salmon will flake with a fork when done.
- Place a serving size piece on each plate and drizzle it with sauce. Top the salmon with scallions and chia seeds.
Benefits of eating salmon
This will sound very scientific but salmon contains small bioactive protein molecules that provide support for joint cartilage, insulin balance, and control of digestive tract inflammation.
The best wild salmon, with the least amount of contamination from pollutants, comes from Alaska because the waters there are pristine. Try sockeye (red), coho (silver), pink (humpback), chum (Keta) and Chinook (King). Each variety has a different taste and texture.
You may also enjoy this awesome Salmon Olive Dip.
Do you eat salmon? What’s your favorite recipe? Leave a comment below.