Tried eating Shrimp Salad? I’m a huge seafood lover. and that’s why I created this yummy Scallop Salad recipe. It only takes minutes to throw together.
Enjoy my Scallop Salad with Blue Cheese and Dill recipe
Scallop Salad with Blue Cheese and Dill
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 Tbsp walnut oil
- 1 bag of flash frozen scallops or approx 24 fresh ones depending on their size Thawed
- mixed salad greens
- 6 oz Blue Cheese crumbled
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill chopped
- sea salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 Tbsp of olive oil, orange juice, and walnut oil. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the remaining 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a heavy skillet over high heat. Sear for approx 1 minute per side or until they are slightly browned.
- Transfer the scallops to a bed of salad greens or individual plates.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese and dill.
- Drizzle with dressing
- Serve warm
Why scallops are good for you.
One of the world’s healthiest “diets” is pescovegetarian. Seafood provides protein and Omega 3’s that vegetarians or vegans often miss. Usually, we hear about the Omega 3 benefits of salmon, sardines, and mackerel, but most shellfish have health benefits as well. Scallops also contain Omega 3s and are an excellent source of magnesium and potassium, which protect your heart and brain. They are considered to be one of the healthiest types of seafood because they contain 80% protein, are low in fat, and a range of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
If you can’t get fresh scallops, they are also available frozen any time of year.
Do you eat shellfish? What is your favorite? Please leave a comment below.