As I was sitting on a lawn in a park ready to watch the 4th of July fireworks, one of my friends pulled out this unbelievable Salmon Olive dip to share. It was so tasty I told her I absolutely had to have the recipe. It’s a perfect snack dip for outdoor picnics, potlucks, and parties and you could even use it as a sandwich filling.
Enjoy this irresistible salmon olive dip recipe.
- 1 small carrot chopped into ¾ inch pieces
- 6 or 7 sprigs of Italian parsley fresh
- 5 sprigs dill fresh
- ¼ cup olive oil-based mayonnaise
- 1 6 oz can Wild Salmon broke apart
- 6 or 7 black olives pitted
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- pinch salt
- In a small processor or blender, put the carrot pieces, parsley, and dill and process until it is finely minced.
- Add the lemon juice, mayonnaise, olives, salmon and salt. Process in pulses until the olives are finely chopped and the mixture is blended.
- Serve with crackers or a crusty piece of French Bread.
I prefer olive oil-based mayonnaise because it’s healthier. Use salmon either leftover from dinner or from a can. Serve it with savory crackers or a crusty piece of French Bread.
Salmon, especially if it’s wild provides you with Omega 3 fatty acids that are necessary for a healthy heart. This salmon dip also has chopped olives, dill, carrots, parsley, and lemon juice mixed in to give it an irresistible zing. Take it on your next picnic or as a potluck dish. Your friends will love you for it.
Save this image on Pinterest:
Are you going to take this yummy salmon olive dip along on your next picnic? Please leave a comment below and let us know.