If you want a decadent dessert but are looking for something gluten-free, you will love this recipe for no-flour muffins that didn’t taste like cardboard. I used ground almond meal instead of flour. This gives the muffins a rich consistency and mixed with dark chocolate, they are heavenly.
Enjoy these no-flour muffins without guilt and enjoy!
- 2 cups of Almond Meal (finely ground almonds)
- 2 whole eggs
- ¼ cup of softened coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup of mixed fresh berries (I used raspberries and blackberries) You can also use frozen berries (thawed and patted dry)
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)
- Mix together all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips and the berries.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and berries
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Divide the muffin mixture between 12 muffins
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool off and serve
Can muffins made without flour taste good?
Of course! And with tangy berries and dark chocolate chips, this no-flour muffin recipe is an antioxidant powerhouse.
Plus, the only other sweetener besides the chocolate is natural honey. Almonds reduce heart attacks, lower cholesterol, protect your arteries, build strong bones and teeth, are a “healthy” fat, good for the brain and nervous system, and help to alkalize your body.
Want a great breakfast muffin or a healthy snack? This recipe with tickle your sweet tooth and give you plenty of energy as well.
Are you gluten-free or are you not worrying about it? Please leave a comment below.