With all the talk about going gluten-free and everyone wanting to give up eating flour, I decided to create a recipe for no flour muffins that didn’t taste like cardboard. Instead of flour, I used almond meal. (ground up almonds) The muffins aren’t as fluffy as they would be with flour but they sure are yummy and good for you.
- 2 cups of Almond Meal (finely ground almonds)
- 2 whole eggs
- ¼ cup of softened coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup of mixed fresh berries (I used raspberries and blackberries) You can also use frozen berries (thawed and patted dry)
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)
- Mix together all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips and the berries.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and berries
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Divide the muffin mixture between 12 muffins
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool off and serve
Can no flour muffins taste good?
It can if it’s mixed with berries and dark chocolate chips!
There’s no sugar added either, only natural honey, which has health benefits too. Both the berries and the dark chocolate contain antioxidants. Almonds reduce heart attacks, lower cholesterol, protect your arteries, build strong bones and teeth, are a “healthy” fat, good for the brain and nervous system, and help to alkalize your body. Other “healthy” ingredients include organic coconut oil and apple cider vinegar. You could almost call them detox muffins!
Are you gluten-free or are you not worrying about it? Please leave a comment below.