One of my go-to potluck dishes that everyone raves about is the tangy Garbanzo Bean Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes featured below. It’s super easy to make and wonderfully tangy.
Enjoy this Garbanzo Bean Salad with and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced or pressed
- 3 cups cooked garbanzo beans (or canned organic garbanzos drained)
- ¼ cup red onion finely diced
- ¼ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes diced
- 2 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- ½ Tsp Celtic or Himalayan sea salt
- In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, oil, and garlic. Stir in garbanzo beans, onion, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, and salt. Marinate at room temperature for 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.
If you love garbanzo beans, as I do, you may also want to try my Tuscan Garbanzo Bell Pepper Soup.
Health benefits of garbanzo beans
Garbanzo beans are always a healthy addition to soups and salads because they’re high in protein, fiber, and other important vitamins and minerals. They are a wonderful substitute if you’re trying to cut back on meat. They contain manganese which supports bone development, wound healing and boosts your metabolism. The folate in garbanzo beans aids in cell growth and protects against genetic mutations that cause cancer.
Do you have a favorite Italian-style salad? What is it? Please leave a comment below.