My friend Michele the Trainer shared a wonderful pumpkin smoothie recipe that’s perfect for fall. She’s a Los Angeles-based Concierge Celebrity Fitness Trainer who lost 165 lbs and has kept it off since 1998 without drugs or surgery. Her philosophy is to eat plant-based healthy foods and, of course, stay active. Please make sure to visit her website www.michelethetrainer.com She’s also a published author, lifestyle coach, and motivational speaker. I can attest that she has boundless energy and is environmentally conscious.
- 2 scoops Protein Powder organic vegan
- 5 cubes Organic Pumpkin Puree frozen (scoop into an ice cube tray and freeze)
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 banana (organic) and frozen
- ½ cup Almond or Soy milk organic
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp powdered ginger
- pinch Celtic sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract organic (optional)
- sweetener to taste organic raw honey, stevia or maple syrup (optional)
- maple flavor organic (for those who cannot consume the sugar in maple syrup) optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until thick and creamy.
A note on this pumpkin smoothie from Michele:
I’m not a fan of living on ONLY vitamin pills or powder or powdered shakes….I’m a fan of real food that grows in real organic soil….I’m also a fan of pumpkin pie. LOL…so have a treat and enjoy.
Contact Michele at [email protected]
The benefits of enjoying a pumpkin smoothie
Pumpkin is chock full of antioxidants and contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E. Its high level of Vitamin A helps to maintain skin and mucous membranes. It also helps improve and maintain eye health and prevents macular degeneration. Low in calories and rich in dietary fiber, it’s often recommended by dietitians to control and reduce weight.
Michele suggests using either Dale’s Raw Vanilla Protein, Arbonne’s Vegan Vanilla Protein, or Sun Warrior Raw Vanilla Protein in your pumpkin smoothie.
What’s your favorite way to eat pumpkin? Please leave a comment below.