Can I have a little more, please? That’s how I feel when I eat Spanish Style Chunky Crab Gazpacho.
Enjoy my Spanish Style Chunky Crab Gazpacho recipe.
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ bunch of Parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup of red wine vinegar
- 32 oz of vegetable juice (like V8 or natural vegetable juice found at a conscious grocery food store)
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes (ripe)
- ½ cup each of yellow and green bell pepper (for color)
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 large cucumber (or 2 Persian cucumbers) chopped
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ tsp of red pepper flakes
- juice of 2 lemons
- grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 lb crab meat (fresh or canned) (leave out for vegetarian)
- croutons (optional - leave out for gluten-free)
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients except for the crab meat and croutons. If you prefer it smooth, pulverize these ingredients in a blender. Chill well before serving. When ready to serve, fold in the crabmeat and garnish with croutons and parsley sprigs.
Soup is one of the best ways to get the nutrition you need without excess calories, but it’s too hot to eat in summer. That’s why I love making gazpacho! It’s cool, refreshing and blended with colorful vegetables. Blend it to make it smooth like traditional gazpacho or leave it chunky.
This is a gazpacho for everyone. If you’re vegetarian/vegan, remove the crab. If you want gluten-free, remove the croutons. I won’t be offended. Serve it with white wine or a fruity Sangria.
I’m not a fan of fake Krab. I don’t know who invented it but it’s God awful. If you can’t find fresh crab look for a good canned brand. That way you don’t have to crack it. Just make sure to check the label to make sure it doesn’t contain excess salt or preservatives. Crown Prince has excellent wild caught natural crab in cans. Even better, catch your own crab. It’s good exercise.
What’s your favorite way to eat fresh crab? Please leave a comment below.