My good friend and former podcast co-host Dr.Sharone Rosen, turned me on to this curious recipe for Chocolate Avocado Pudding! Who would have thought you could make a pudding using the same thing you use to make guacamole? I tried it out and can honestly say it tastes just like chocolate pudding. In fact, it’s even better.
>Enjoy this Chocolate Avocado Pudding Recipe
- 5 Avocados peeled and diced (equal to 4 cups chopped)
- 1 cup cocoa powder (get the best quality you can)
- ½ cup Maple syrup (or use honey, agave, or stevia)
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- zest of an orange (or 8-10 drops of orange oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or with a blending stick until smooth.
- Refrigerate for an hour or so. (It tastes better that way)
It’s a perfect treat for anyone with a sweet tooth who wants to stay away from the junk-filled ingredients of store-bought pudding. It’s also a healthy alternative to feeding your grandkids, The original recipe suggests that you use either honey, agave, or stevia to sweeten it. I had my own idea and used REAL Maple Syrup instead. It’s a winner in my opinion.
The benefits and goodness of eating avocado
Avocado prevents prostate cancer, oral cancers, improves eye health, lowers cholesterol, maintains heart health, prevents stroke, helps the body absorb nutrients, is an excellent source of Glutathione and vitamin E. So have fun eating it as a dessert.
What’s the weirdest dessert you’ve ever had? Please leave a comment below.