As we all know berries are ridiculously good for you and filled with anti-aging antioxidants. They’re even better mixed in with a little bubbly. That’s why I created this yummy champagne berry ambrosia that only takes minutes to make.
Enjoy Champagne Berry Ambrosia have a BERRY wonderful day!
- 1 Tbsp of honey
- 2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp of orange juice
- 2 large sprigs of fresh spearmint
- 4 cups of mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries or whatever is available - If using frozen, thaw first
- 1 cup of chilled champagne or sparkling apple cider
- In a small saucepan, combine the honey, lemon juice, orange juice, and mint.
- Stir over low heat until the honey is melted. (about 1 minute)
- Take off the burner and let the mixture steep for about 5 minutes
- Remove the mint
- In a large bowl, gently combine the berries and honey mixture
- Chill for 15 minutes or up to 1 hour
- Dish out into individual serving bowls and pour a little champagne or sparkling cider over the berries.
- Garnish with a mint sprig
It’s perfect at the end of a meal, to eat as a snack, or at a Sunday brunch. There’s no refined sugar. The sauce is made with a small amount of honey, orange and lemon juice, champagne, or sparkling cider. If they are available, eat them every day because they’re rich in anti-oxidants. If they aren’t, frozen work fine too. Strawberries are considered to be “the queen of fruits,” especially in Asia.
You may also like to try this green melon and champagne soup recipe and enjoy this champagne and berry ambrosia.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy champagne? Please leave a comment and let us know.