As we grow older we sometimes need extra help with either our health or that of our loved ones. It’s important that we monitor our vital signs, stay fit, and avoid doing things that will physically hurt us like falling. I’ve put together a list of my favorite health and wellness products for Baby Boomers to help all of us live longer and better, be fit, and stay safe as we age.
Good health insurance is so important for everyone and can be more complicated when you’re over 50. For comprehensive information on how to shop for health care insurance, take a look at Healthcare.com
Health and Wellness Products
Doctors can only do so much and we can’t see them every day. It’s important to stay on top of our health and monitor what’s going on regularly. You can find health and wellness products to have in your home at the sites below.
- Omron Healthcare – The gold standard in self-testing devices such as blood pressure monitors, fitness trackers, respiratory nebulizers, and drug-free pain relief.
- Walgreens – Their slogan is “at the corner of happy and healthy.” Walgreens cares about health and wellness for its customers as well as those less fortunate in the world. If you get an immunization flu shot at Walgreens, they will give a shot to a child in a third-world country who needs it. You can also earn Balance Rewards when you make healthy choices with your purchases. Find out what their top-rated products are at prices you will love. Walgreen’s is the place to go for quality and affordable health products.
- CVS Pharmacy is America’s leading retail pharmacy. Shop CVS, your one-stop shop for great deals on health products, beauty products, vitamins, and more. Experience everything you love about CVS with just the click of a button. I love their new Scriptpath program that helps you organize your medications to prevent overdosing and mistakes that can take a toll on your health.
Currently, Medicare requires supplements for Vision, Dental, Hearing and Mental Health. Below you will find resources, including insurance plans that may help.
Eye Health – Vision Care
- VSP Individual Vision Plans – Protect your vision by making sure you have good vision insurance. We are usually undercovered when it comes to eye health insurance and VPS has plans to fit your needs. Good vision helps you prevent falls. Don’t neglect your vision health.
- Cliradex – Natural eyelid and cleansers for dry eye disease – Cliradex is a natural, preservative-free, lid, lash, and facial cleanser containing a plant-derived component called 4-Terpineol (T4O). Unlike hot compresses, artificial tears, ointments, and even prescription treatments such as hypochlorous acid, Cliradex effectively kill the bacteria and Demodex mites which cause blepharitis.
- AC Lens – Contacts, eyeglasses, sunglasses, readers, eye care products. delivered to your door. Excellent discounts. They also carry a whole line of ThinOptics reading glasses that don’t take up space in your purse or on your face.
- Discount Contact Lenses– Find the largest selection of name brand contact lenses at discount prices. Free shipping on orders over $99. Also, discount eyewear and eye care products.
- DentalPlans.com – This company helps you save money on dental treatments. Dental Savings Plans – also known as dental discount plans – are the affordable alternative to traditional dental insurance. A nationwide network of dentists offers 10%-60% savings on preventive and restorative treatments to dental plan members. It’s a simple and smart way to what you need when it comes to dental care.
- Philips Sonicare Toothbrush – Dentists recommend this toothbrush for the best dental care between dental visits. As we age, it’s important to keep our teeth and gums healthy so we don’t lose them.
- Healbright – Good health and wellness includes how you feel mentally. If you are depressed, going through a divorce, grieving the loss of a loved one, are stressed out, seeking happiness, intimacy, want to feel better about yourself consider Healbright. They offer online courses you can take at your own convenience to deal with your mental health.
Supplements and Alternative Health
Western medical care tends to deal with healing or managing an illness that may occur but alternative medicine focuses on preventative medicine. It’s always a good balance to combine the two.
However, I believe you should be cautious about taking supplements, once we’re over 50, so it’s best to get tested first to see where you are deficient in certain nutrients. The health and wellness products below may help you with pain, anxiety, or other conditions common as you get older. Always consult your doctor first before taking them.
- nganic Premium CBD Oil – CBD oil has been highly touted as an alternative to pain medication. nganic formulates their products from organically grown Colorado hemp products Each product is lab-tested and THC free. Consider it rather than taking pharmaceuticals.
- OC Pharm – All of OC Pharm’s CBD products are lab-certified, hexane and solvent-free, pesticide-free, GMO-free and are made in the U.S.A. In lab tests, the purity level of their products consistently tests over 85% and as high as 95%. Oils, vapes, edibles.
- Biotics Research Multi-Mins – A common deficiency that most people have are minerals. However, it’s important to note that women over 50 should avoid taking iron unless you are severely anemic. We just don’t need as much anymore. This mineral supplement was recommended to me by a holistic doctor in Beverly Hills. It is iron and copper-free.
Menopause for older ladies only
For those of you suffering through menopause, painful sex, urinary, or digestive issues, the products below may help
- Flora Bloom – This product is a women’s health probiotic by Intimate Rose – What’s unique about it is that it’s designed to help women by supporting their digestive, urinary, and vaginal health. It contains cranberry extract and D-mannose and I can tell you from my experience that when I felt like I was getting a bladder infection, it went away almost immediately after I took this product. It also helps keep your vagina’s fauna and flora balanced for better health and sex.
Fitness and regular movement should always be a part of your health and wellness plan. The more you move, the more you can move. A regular exercise program will cure many ills. The products below are designed to enhance your exercise routine and keep you in great shape.
- Garmin – This company makes awesome fitness trackers that give you an easy way to track your steps and achieve your fitness goals. They count your steps and you can also log into their app and keep track of how much you eat. I’ve found wearing one to be essential for losing weight. Based on your activity, it will tell you how many calories you should eat that day and keeps you from making extra trips to the fridge.
- OPTP LoRox Aligned Roller – Whoever invented the foam roller was a genius! You can use on to workout your aching muscles without paying for a massage. The OPTP LoRox Aligned Roller was designed by fascia and alignment expert Lauren Roxburgh. Fascia can sometimes get stuck, especially around your neck and shoulders and cause all sorts of problems that affect your health. You won’t regret getting one. There are all sorts of videos on YouTube to show you how to use one.
- Beachbody has a workout for everyone. Don’t let the name fool you. It has 700+ workouts and Fitness Plus Nutrition Plans designed for every age and fitness level. I tried PiYo when I went to the Miraval Resort in Tucson and it was fabulous! They also have yoga, dance, and low impact. If you want a workout that is less than 30 minutes, they have that too. It’s also your go-to place for fitness equipment.
It gets harder and harder to lose weight over 50 and it’s important to eat a balanced diet rather than rely on fad diets that aren’t as healthy. These programs may be able to help.
- Mayo Clinic Diet – If you’re struggling to lose weight as many women do over 50, you may want to consider the Mayo Clinic Diet program. It’s not designed to be a one-size-fits-all program and is overseen by doctors and experts from the Mayo Clinic. You’ll receive meal plans, recipes, interactive tools, and exercise recommendations. Recipes are based on smart-eating and emphasize vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and healthy fats.
- Noom – This is an app that focuses on the emotional and psychological aspects of why we gain weight. It keeps you accountable and offers individual support throughout the process. Read my weight loss journal here.
- Nutrisystem – Chef-created meals and balanced nutrition delivered to your door that will give you the right portions to make it easier to lose weight. It works for Marie.
- Because – Most women over 50 experience a few drips here and there. This company provides underwear and pads for women and men that will keep you 25% dryer than most other similar products. They also have disposable wipes and even skincare products.
One thing we want to avoid as we get older is getting hurt. A fall or emergency can change your life dramatically. Be prepared for emergencies.
- Medical Guardian – This is an exceptional medical alert system for in-home protection and on the go. If you are taking care of elderly parents or someone in your care who is sick or disabled, it will give you peace of mind. Receive real-time updates to your email or phone.
- 2 person Survival Kit – with 72 hours of premium survival and first aid supplies. Disaster can happen anywhere whether it’s an earthquake, (like we have here in Los Angeles) a flood, tornado, or hurricane. – Make sure to have survival equipment in both your home and car. All your supplies fit inside a backpack so it’s easy to store and grab to go. Kits come in various sizes depending on the size of your family.
- MyMedic First Aid Kits – Everyone should have a fully-stocked First Aid Kit on hand at home and in their car. MyMedic sells a variety of kits that will even attach to the seat of your car for convenience. Check out their My Fak First Aid Kit Below.
Please share this image on Pinterest