As we get older we sometimes need help with either our health or our loved ones. It’s a fact of life that as we get older, we need to be extra careful about our health and safety. Below, you will find health products that include fitness and safety.
- Omron Healthcare – The gold standard in self-testing devices such as blood pressure monitors, fitness trackers, respiratory nebulizers, and drug-free pain relief.
- Walgreens – Their slogan is “at the corner of happy and healthy.” Walgreens cares about wellness for its customers and the world. If you get an immunization flu shot at Walgreens, they will give a shot to a child in a third-world country who needs it. You will also earn Balance Rewards when you make healthy choices with your purchases. Find out what their top-rated products are at prices you will love. Walgreen’s is the place to go for quality health products.
- CVS Pharmacy is America’s leading retail pharmacy. Shop CVS, your one-stop shop for great deals on health products, beauty products, vitamins, and more. Experience everything you love about CVS with just the click of a button. I love their new Scriptpath program that helps you organize your medications to help prevent you from making mistakes.
- EZ Massager CPS – Soothe your muscle and joint pain. This nifty massager has dual rollers that you can use for your shoulders or anywhere where you have pain. It delivers arnica and 2% menthol gel for even more relief.
Eye Health – Vision Care
- VSP Individual Vision Plans – Protect your vision with vision insurance. We are usually undercovered when it comes to eye health insurance so make sure you are covered. Keep your eyes healthy for life.
- Cliradex – Natural Eyelid and Cleansers for Dry Eye Disease – Cliradex is a natural, preservative-free, lid, lash, and facial cleanser containing a plant-derived component called 4-Terpineol (T4O). Unlike hot compresses, artificial tears, ointments, and even prescription treatments such as hypochlorous acid, Cliradex effectively kill the bacteria and Demodex mites which cause blepharitis.
- AC Lens – Contacts, eyeglasses, sunglasses, readers, eye care products. delivered to your door. Excellent discounts. They also carry a whole line of ThinOptics reading glasses that don’t take up space in your purse or on your face.
- Discount Contact Lenses– Find the largest selection of name brand contact lenses at discount prices. Free shipping on orders over $99. Also, discount eyewear and eye care products.
- Spirit Dental – Want better dental care with up to a $5,000 max? 3 Cleanings per year, implants, and major services covered. No waiting periods. Choose your own dentist. Your oral health can affect your general health so don’t be stingy on getting the care you need.
- DentalPlans.com – This company helps you save money on dental treatments. Dental Savings Plans – also known as dental discount plans – are the affordable alternative to traditional dental insurance. A nationwide network of dentists offers 10%-60% savings on preventive and restorative treatments to dental plan members. It’s the simple and smart way to get the dental care that you need, now.
- Philips Sonicare Toothbrush – Dentists recommend this toothbrush for the best dental care between dental visits. As we age, it’s important to keep our teeth and gums healthy so we don’t lose them.
Supplements and Alternative Health
Although I believe you should be cautious about taking supplements, let’s face it, once we’re over 50, we may need a little help. The health products below are for certain conditions you may experience as you age. It’s always best to consult your doctor before taking any type of supplements.
- Biogetica – Consultation with DR’s for homeopathic and Ayurvedic therapies. Buy advanced natural herbal remedies for holistic healing.
- BriteFocus – Do you keep losing your keys and feel like you’re losing your mind? BriteSMART nutritional supplements help keep your mind alert. They keep your brain alert so you can make the best decisions in any situation. It improves memory, focus, and concentration and as we age, we all need that.
- Nganic Premium CBD Oil, extracted from the hemp plant, is used for pain management. This site sells lab tested Lab tested oils, salves, and gels.
- Plantacia Organic CBD – THC-Free has organically grown Cannabidiol (CBD) products including their innovative and proprietary hemp pellets for horses, hemp-derived CBD oil for dogs, pets and horses, and their soon to be famous CBD dog treats. Plantacia CBD is hand-selected from US farms and undergoes quality testing and inspection to ensure it meets their propriety standards for quality. The products help alleviate the anxiety, muscle, and joint pain, and inflammation your pet experiences: and CBD oil has gained traction among pet owners as an alternative and holistic way to manage pet seizures and arthritis pain.
- Replens – Ladies, as we get older our vagina’s start to atrophy. We need to start using a vaginal moisturizer. This is different from a lubricant that you use during sex. Use a moisturizer to renew and rejuvenate your Va JJ.
- Flora Bloom – Women’s Health Probiotic by Intimate Rose – What’s unique about Flora Bloom is that it is designed to help women who want to support their digestive, urinary, and vaginal health. It contains cranberry extract and D-mannose and I can tell you from my experience that when I felt I was getting a bladder infection, it went away when I took this product. Keep your innard’s fauna and flora balanced for better health and better sex.
Fitness is key to good health and longevity. A regular exercise program will cure many ills. The products below will enhance your routine and keep you accountable.
- Garmin – Give a Garmin fitness tracker as a gift. It’s the best way to track your steps and achieve your fitness goals. Fitness trackers count your steps and you can also log into their app and keep track of how much you eat. I’ve found wearing one to be essential for losing weight. Based on your activity, it will tell you how many calories you should eat that day and keeps you from making extra trips to the fridge.
- OPTP LoRox Aligned Roller – Whoever invented the foam roller was a genius! You can use on to workout your aching muscles without paying for a massage. The OPTP LoRox Aligned Roller was designed by fascia and alignment expert Lauren Roxburgh. Fascia can sometimes get stuck, especially around your neck and shoulders and cause all sorts of problems that affect your health. I highly recommend you get one. There are plenty of videos on YouTube to show you how to use them.
- Mayo Clinic Diet – If you’re really struggling to lose weight as many women over 50 do, you may want to consider the Mayo Clinic Diet program. It’s not designed to be a one-size-fits-all program and is overseen by doctors and experts from the Mayo Clinic. You’ll receive meal plans, recipes, interactive tools, and exercise recommendations. Recipes are based on smart-eating and emphasize vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and healthy fats.
- Beachbody has a workout for everyone. Don’t let the name fool you. It has 700+ workouts and also Fitness Plus Nutrition Plans. I tried PiYo when I went to the Miraval Resort in Tuscon and it was fabulous! They also have yoga, dance, and low impact. If you want a workout that is less than 30 minutes, they have that too. It’s also your go-to place for fitness equipment.
- Spartan Race – Is yoga or walking too wimpy for you? Do you like to train hard and challenge yourself? Sign up for a Spartan Race or take a Spartan workout in your area. They have everything from short sprints for beginners, to 30-mile Ultras as well as obstacle courses, kids races, and endurance events. You can also compete in age categories.
- Medical Guardian – Senior monitoring and alert system. In-home protection and on the go. This is important whether you are taking care of elderly parents or someone who is sick or disabled. Receive real-time updates to your email or phone.
- 2 person Survival Kit – with 72 hours of premium survival and first aid supplies. Disaster can happen anywhere whether it’s an earthquake, (like we have here in Los Angeles) flood, tornado, or hurricane. – Make sure to have survival equipment in both your home and car. This kit is perfect for either your car or your home and can be easily carried because it all fits in a backpack. Kits come in various sizes depending on the size of your family.
I will be adding more health products to this list, so stay tuned.