As we grow older we sometimes need extra help with either our health or that of our loved ones. It’s important that we monitor our vital signs, stay fit, and avoid doing things that will physically hurt us like falling. I’ve put together a list of my favorite health products to promote wellness, fitness, and safety for Baby Boomers.
- Omron Healthcare – The gold standard in self-testing devices such as blood pressure monitors, fitness trackers, respiratory nebulizers, and drug-free pain relief.
- Walgreens – Their slogan is “at the corner of happy and healthy.” Walgreens cares about wellness for its customers as well as those less fortunate in the world. If you get an immunization flu shot at Walgreens, they will give a shot to a child in a third-world country who needs it. You can also earn Balance Rewards when you make healthy choices with your purchases. Find out what their top-rated products are at prices you will love. Walgreen’s is the place to go for quality and affordable health products.
- CVS Pharmacy is America’s leading retail pharmacy. Shop CVS, your one-stop shop for great deals on health products, beauty products, vitamins, and more. Experience everything you love about CVS with just the click of a button. I love their new Scriptpath program that helps you organize your medications to prevent overdosing and mistakes that can take a toll on your health.
- EZ Massager CPS – Soothe your muscles and relieve joint pain. This nifty massager has dual rollers that you can use for your shoulders or anywhere you are experiencing pain. It delivers arnica and 2% menthol gel during your massage for even more relief.
Eye Health – Vision Care
- VSP Individual Vision Plans – Protect your vision by making sure you have good vision insurance. We are usually undercovered when it comes to eye health insurance and VPS has plans to fit your needs. Good vision helps you prevent falls. Don’t neglect your vision health.
- Cliradex – Natural eyelid and cleansers for dry eye disease – Cliradex is a natural, preservative-free, lid, lash, and facial cleanser containing a plant-derived component called 4-Terpineol (T4O). Unlike hot compresses, artificial tears, ointments, and even prescription treatments such as hypochlorous acid, Cliradex effectively kill the bacteria and Demodex mites which cause blepharitis.
- AC Lens – Contacts, eyeglasses, sunglasses, readers, eye care products. delivered to your door. Excellent discounts. They also carry a whole line of ThinOptics reading glasses that don’t take up space in your purse or on your face.
- Discount Contact Lenses– Find the largest selection of name brand contact lenses at discount prices. Free shipping on orders over $99. Also, discount eyewear and eye care products.
- Spirit Dental – Are you looking for better dental care insurance with up to a $5,000 max? 3 Cleanings per year, implants, and major services covered. No waiting periods. Choose your own dentist. Your oral health affects your general health so don’t be stingy on getting the dental care you need.
- DentalPlans.com – This company helps you save money on dental treatments. Dental Savings Plans – also known as dental discount plans – are the affordable alternative to traditional dental insurance. A nationwide network of dentists offers 10%-60% savings on preventive and restorative treatments to dental plan members. It’s a simple and smart way to what you need when it comes to dental care.
- Philips Sonicare Toothbrush – Dentists recommend this toothbrush for the best dental care between dental visits. As we age, it’s important to keep our teeth and gums healthy so we don’t lose them.
Supplements and Alternative Health
Although I believe you should be cautious about taking supplements, once we’re over 50, you may be deficient in certain nutrients. The health products below are for conditions you may experience as you age. It’s always best to consult your doctor before taking any type of supplements.
- Biogetica – You’ll find natural homeopathic, Ayurvedic, and nutraceuticals products that harness the power of nature for a variety of diseases and conditions. They sell supplements, food products, and offer holistic doctor consultations.
- BriteFocus – Do you keep losing your keys and feel like you’re losing your mind? BriteSMART nutritional supplements help keep your brain alert so you can make the best decisions in any situation. It will help improve your memory, focus, and concentration and as you age.
- nganic Premium CBD Oil – CBD oil has been highly touted as an alternative to pain medication. nganic formulates their products from organically grown Colorado hemp products Each product is lab-tested and THC free. Consider it rather than taking pharmaceuticals.
- Replens – As we get older our vagina’s start to atrophy. It sounds alarming but way to renew and rejuvenate it is to use a vaginal moisturizer. This is different than the type of lubricant you use when you’re having sex.
- Flora Bloom – This product is a women’s health probiotic by Intimate Rose – What’s unique about it is that it’s designed to help women by supporting their digestive, urinary, and vaginal health. It contains cranberry extract and D-mannose and I can tell you from my experience that when I felt like I was getting a bladder infection, it went away almost immediately after I took this product. It also helps keep your vagina’s fauna and flora balanced for better health and sex.
Fitness and regular movement is the key to good health and longevity. A regular exercise program will cure many ills. The products below are designed to enhance your exercise routine and keep you in your best shape.
- Garmin – This company makes awesome fitness trackers that give you an easy way to track your steps and achieve your fitness goals. They count your steps and you can also log into their app and keep track of how much you eat. I’ve found wearing one to be essential for losing weight. Based on your activity, it will tell you how many calories you should eat that day and keeps you from making extra trips to the fridge.
- OPTP LoRox Aligned Roller – Whoever invented the foam roller was a genius! You can use on to workout your aching muscles without paying for a massage. The OPTP LoRox Aligned Roller was designed by fascia and alignment expert Lauren Roxburgh. Fascia can sometimes get stuck, especially around your neck and shoulders and cause all sorts of problems that affect your health. You won’t regret getting one. There are all sorts of videos on YouTube to show you how to use one.
- Mayo Clinic Diet – If you’re struggling to lose weight as many women do over 50, you may want to consider the Mayo Clinic Diet program. It’s not designed to be a one-size-fits-all program and is overseen by doctors and experts from the Mayo Clinic. You’ll receive meal plans, recipes, interactive tools, and exercise recommendations. Recipes are based on smart-eating and emphasize vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and healthy fats.
- Beachbody has a workout for everyone. Don’t let the name fool you. It has 700+ workouts and Fitness Plus Nutrition Plans designed for every age and fitness level. I tried PiYo when I went to the Miraval Resort in Tucson and it was fabulous! They also have yoga, dance, and low impact. If you want a workout that is less than 30 minutes, they have that too. It’s also your go-to place for fitness equipment.
- Spartan Race – Is yoga or walking too wimpy for you? Do you like to train hard and challenge yourself? Sign up for a Spartan Race or take a Spartan workout in your area. They have everything from short sprints for beginners, to 30-mile Ultras as well as obstacle courses, kids races, and endurance events. You can also compete in age categories.
- Medical Guardian – This is an exceptional medical alert system for in-home protection and on the go. If you are taking care of elderly parents or someone in your care who is sick or disabled, it will give you peace of mind. Receive real-time updates to your email or phone.
- 2 person Survival Kit – with 72 hours of premium survival and first aid supplies. Disaster can happen anywhere whether it’s an earthquake, (like we have here in Los Angeles) a flood, tornado, or hurricane. – Make sure to have survival equipment in both your home and car. All your supplies fit inside a backpack so it’s easy to store and grab to go. Kits come in various sizes depending on the size of your family.
Please share this image on Pinterest