As we grow older we sometimes need extra help with either our health or that of our loved ones. It’s important that we monitor our vital signs, stay fit, and avoid doing things that will physically hurt us like falling. I’ve put together a list of my favorite health products for Baby Boomers to help all of us live longer and better, be fit, and stay safe as we age.
Good health insurance is so important for everyone and can be more complicated when you’re over 50. For comprehensive information on how to shop for health care insurance, take a look at Healthcare.com
As Baby Boomers, we need to be extra careful about staying safe as our generation is at higher risk to contract the virus. Have systems and resources in place before it happens to you because you can’t just run out to the pharmacy if you get it. Prevention is key.
- Boomer Naturals – has everything you need to not only stay protected but to boost your immunity as well. You can order face masks, (they have cute ones and N95s) hand sanitizers, face shields, CBD pain products, immunity gummies and tinctures, skin care, pet care, and more. Free shipping on orders over $50.
- Reversible, Adjustable, Sustainable & Fair Trade Certified Face Masks Now Available! Plus Free Shipping!
- Skylar’s Soothing Hand Sanitizer- now available in 3 delightful scents!
- Healthy Hand Sanitizer has been creating online products and supplements for over 20 years and now launching our professional-grade formula that follows the CDC recommendations and guidelines to minimize the spread of harmful germs by killing 99.9% of bacteria. It also contains Vitamin E to heal hands during each use.
- Babington Soap Company Plant-Based Hand Sanitizer – If you are tired of harsh hand sanitizers you will love Babington soap. It has a slight herbal but pleasant scent. Your hands will feel silky and smooth after you use it. The packaging also looks lovely to use at your sink after washing your hands. It comes in 8 oz and travel-size.
- Oximeter – Make sure to have this baby in your emergency kit to check your oxygen level if you start having difficulty breathing.
- Hepa filters – A HEPA Filter Air Purifier sanitizes the air around you with a UV filter, eliminates Germs, filters Allergies, pollen, smoke, dust pet dander, and mold odors. It’s a good thing to have if you are sensitive to environmental pollution.
- At Home COVID test kit – Right now these are a bit expensive but may give you peace of mind.
The best way to stay healthy during this challenging time to to eat healthy food and exercise. However, you may want to try these natural and safe immunity boosters for extra protection during the pandemic.
- Immuneti Nutrition – We all need to stay as strong and healthy as possible and immuneti offers a supplement designed to keep you that way. Boost your immune system with it’s 6-1 comprehensive system support. Ingredients are all-natural sources of vitamin C, Zinc, Vitamin D3. garlic bulb, elderberry, and echinacea in a single capsule.
- Goli Nutrition – Have you heard that apple cider vinegar will help cleanse your system and even lose weight but you hate the taste? Goli has gummies that contain apple cider vinegar and power antioxidants and they taste great! All-natural, gluten-free, NON-GMO, and Vegan. Plus, there is free shipping.
- Xtendlife Natural Health – This company based in New Zealand has excellent natural and effective health products as well as amazing skin care. Try their Immu-stay supplement for better immunity protection. All of their products are of the highest quality and purity. I personally love their skin care and Omega 3 supplements made from the freshest fish oil taken from pristine seas.
- KaraMD makes an immunity supplement line called Total immunity. It’s a multi-system immune defense formulation that is meant to strengthen cellular and respiratory health. It’s recommended that you take 3 capsules per day with water.
- Thieves Oil – I swear by this stuff. Ever since I began using it, over a decade ago, I stopped getting sick with colds and the flu. I’ve only had one bout of bronchitis since and it was mild compared to the way it used to be for me. All I do is put a drop of Essential Thieves oil on my wrist over some oil (I use Argan) I don’t know how it works. It just does and smells nice too.
Best Places to Buy Health Products
Doctors can only do so much and we can’t see them every day. It’s important to stay on top of our health and monitor what’s going on regularly. You can find health and wellness products to have in your home at the sites below.
- Omron Healthcare – The gold standard in self-testing devices such as blood pressure monitors, fitness trackers, respiratory nebulizers, and drug-free pain relief.
- Walgreens – Their slogan is “at the corner of happy and healthy.” Walgreens cares about health and wellness for its customers as well as those less fortunate in the world. If you get an immunization flu shot at Walgreens, they will give a shot to a child in a third-world country who needs it. You can also earn Balance Rewards when you make healthy choices with your purchases. Find out what their top-rated products are at prices you will love. Walgreen’s is the place to go for quality and affordable health products.
- CVS Pharmacy is America’s leading retail pharmacy. Shop CVS, your one-stop shop for great deals on health products, beauty products, vitamins, and more. Experience everything you love about CVS with just the click of a button. I love their new Scriptpath program that helps you organize your medications to prevent overdosing and mistakes that can take a toll on your health.
- 911 Health Shop – This store has been serving health enthusiasts since 2001 featuring health products that are both effective and affordable. Plus, there is FREE SHIPPING for all products. Some brands include Young Living Essential Oils, LivOn Labs, Alba Botanical, Pomogranite Health, Bob’s Barefoot, and more. Anti-aging, Digestive Health, immunity, skincare, joint pain relief, etc. Natural products for many of the issues we experience as we get older.
- REVITIVE is a drug-free, FDA-Cleared medical device. Revitive’s Patented Electrical Muscle Stimulation gets your lower leg muscles pumping and boosts circulation in the legs. This helps to deliver fresh oxygenated blood to your legs and feet. Revitive Medic Circulation Booster is FDA cleared to relieve aches and pains and help improve leg muscle strength and endurance.
Currently, Medicare requires supplements for Vision, Dental, Hearing, and Mental Health. Below you will find resources, including insurance plans that may help.
- Health Testing Centers – Do you want to know how you’re doing healthwise? This company lets you order lab tests, blood tests for basic health, STDs, thyroid, heart health, hormones, cancer, COVID-19, food sensitivities, and more. You don’t need a doctor to order them and it’s self-pay. They don’t deal with insurance. The company has an excellent rating on Trust Pilot so it’s completely legit. Your results will come quickly and easily.
Eye Health – Vision Care
- VSP Individual Vision Plans – Protect your vision by making sure you have good vision insurance. We are usually undercovered when it comes to eye health insurance and VPS has plans to fit your needs. Good vision helps you prevent falls. Don’t neglect your vision health.
- Swanick Blue Light Glasses – Using electronics all day can affect how you sleep at night. But you can alieve this by wearing glasses that have blue-light protection. Swannies by Swanick are the most scientifically-validated blue blockers on the market. Try them and see.
- DentalPlans.com – This company helps you save money on dental treatments. Dental Savings Plans – also known as dental discount plans – are the affordable alternative to traditional dental insurance. A nationwide network of dentists offers 10%-60% savings on preventive and restorative treatments to dental plan members. It’s a simple and smart way to what you need when it comes to dental care.
- Philips Sonicare Toothbrush – Dentists recommend this toothbrush for the best dental care between dental visits. As we age, it’s important to keep our teeth and gums healthy so we don’t lose them.
Medicare Advantage Plans
- Best Medicare Advantage Plans – Reviews – If you’re confused about what Medicare Advantage plan to choose, this list will give you an overview of the best plans available.
- Eargo – Get crisper, clearer hearing with hearing devices that are invisible. They sit inside your ear canal and are comfortably suspended by Flexis. (soft pieces of medical-grade silicone) If you are an active adult with hearing loss, you will enjoy wearing their products.
Western medical care tends to deal with healing or managing an illness that may occur but alternative medicine health products focus on preventative medicine. It’s always a good balance to combine the two.
Still, I believe you should be cautious about taking supplements, once we’re over 50, so always check with your doctor before taking them.
- Smarty Pants Women’s Formula Gummies – Multi and Omega 3s, vitamin D3 for immunity, vitamin B12 for energy, CoQ1- for Heart Health, vitamin K for bones – non-GMO, free of synthetic colors, artificial flavors and preservatives, yeast, wheat, milk, eggs, soy, gluten, peanuts, tree nut allergens, fish allergens, shellfish, and salicylates. It also contains Omega 3 Fish oil from small fish, folate as methyl folate, biotin, beta carotene, vitamin B6 as P5P, niacin, choline as vitacholine. They are easy to consume without having to swallow a capsule or pill. I hate swallowing supplements but love these gummies. They aren’t sugary like some gummies are and are delicious!
- MyoComfort Plus – This doctor-formulated muscle support supplement is designed to ease minor aches and pains. It contains a proprietary blend that includes Magnesium, Turmeric, L-Glutothalione, and B-vitamins. It’s vegan, NON-GMO, gluten-free, and contains all-natural ingredients. Take it to relieve pain and fatigue caused by exercise, stiff joints, leg cramps, or if you’ve had a recent injury.
- Biotics Research Multi-Mins – A common deficiency that most people have are minerals. However, it’s important to note that women over 50 should avoid taking iron unless they are severely anemic. We just don’t need it as much anymore. This mineral supplement was recommended to me by a holistic doctor in Beverly Hills. It is iron and copper-free.
- Joy Organics – Get 15% all purchases of Joy Organics CBD tinctures and other products when you use the coupon code “Babyboomster20“
- Smilyn Wellness – CBD Products and Hemp products for pain management, stress, skincare, better sleep, and pets,
Organize your Meds and Supplements
- AUVON Pill Organizer – This pill organizer has compartments for 3-times-per day doses, has plenty of room for large capsules, is sturdy, and compact enough to take with you when you travel.
Relief from Menopause
For those of you suffering through menopause, painful sex, urinary, or digestive issues, the products below may help
- Kindra – This site offers supplements for the symptoms of Menopause. Take their quiz to find out what will work best for you.
- Chiavaye – Just because you are older doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy pleasurable sex life. But, women post-menopause often experience dryness that can make sex uncomfortable. It’s a vaginal moisturizer that’s made from 6 all-natural, vegan, and hypoallergenic ingredients. There are no chemicals, preservatives, fragrances, or anything else that will cause irritation.
For Better Fitness
Fitness and regular movement should always be a part of your health and wellness plan. The more you move, the more you can move. A regular exercise program will cure many ills. The products below are designed to enhance your exercise routine and keep you in great shape.
- Garmin – This company makes awesome fitness trackers that give you an easy way to track your steps and achieve your fitness goals. They count your steps and you can also log into their app and keep track of how much you eat. I’ve found wearing one to be essential for losing weight. Based on your activity, it will tell you how many calories you should eat that day and keeps you from making extra trips to the fridge.
- OPTP LoRox Aligned Roller – Whoever invented the foam roller was a genius! You can use on to workout your aching muscles without paying for a massage. The OPTP LoRox Aligned Roller was designed by fascia and alignment expert Lauren Roxburgh. Fascia can sometimes get stuck, especially around your neck and shoulders and cause all sorts of problems that affect your health. You won’t regret getting one. There are all sorts of videos on YouTube to show you how to use one.
- Beachbody has a workout for everyone. Don’t let the name fool you. It has 700+ workouts and Fitness Plus Nutrition Plans designed for every age and fitness level. I tried PiYo when I went to the Miraval Resort in Tucson and it was fabulous! They also have yoga, dance, and low impact. If you want a workout that is less than 30 minutes, they have that too. It’s also your go-to place for fitness equipment.
- Auro Fitness is an awesome phone app that you can use anywhere you are to exercise and workout with professional trainers. Sign up for a 14-day free trial and use the code auro10 for a 10% discount on the program.
- SPRI.com is the leading innovator and manufacturer of industry-leading of at-home exercise equipment.
Back Pain Relief
- The Back Thing – Does your back start to ache when you’re sitting at your desk or when you travel? The Back Thing is a functional chair cushion designed by a neurosurgeon to provide the right kind of lumbar support. It’s light and easy to take with you where ever you go.
Lose that Stubborn Weight for Better Health
It gets harder and harder to lose weight over 50 and it’s important to eat a balanced diet rather than rely on fad diets that aren’t as healthy. These programs may be able to help.
- Noom – This is an app that focuses on the emotional and psychological aspects of why we gain weight. It keeps you accountable and offers individual support throughout the process. Read my weight loss journal here.
- Nutrisystem – Chef-created meals and balanced nutrition delivered to your door that will give you the right portions to make it easier to lose weight. It works for Marie.
For Those Drippy Times
- Because – Most women over 50 experience a few drips here and there. This company provides underwear and pads for women and men that will keep you 25% dryer than most other similar products. They also have disposable wipes and even skincare products.
One thing we want to avoid as we get older is getting hurt. A fall or emergency can change your life dramatically. Be prepared for emergencies.
- Medical Guardian – This is an exceptional medical alert system for in-home protection and on the go. If you are taking care of elderly parents or someone in your care who is sick or disabled, it will give you peace of mind. Receive real-time updates to your email or phone.
Be Prepared for Anything
- 2 person Survival Kit – with 72 hours of premium survival and first aid supplies. Disaster can happen anywhere whether it’s an earthquake, (like we have here in Los Angeles) a flood, tornado, or hurricane. – Make sure to have survival equipment in both your home and car. All your supplies fit inside a backpack so it’s easy to store and grab to go.
Helpful Wellness Resources
- Medicare vs Medicaid
- Medicare Eligibility Age
- Exploring the Changes in Menopause – Study
- Common Questions and Answers About COVID-19 for Older Adults and People with Chronic Health Conditions – From the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases, this guide should be a go-to resource for seniors who have questions about covid, including its prevention, emergency warning signs, and treatment.
- Seniors’ COVID-19 vaccine consumer guide – This article gives a great overview of the vaccine options. The bottom line: every adult should get one as soon as possible.
- Staying Fit While Staying Home: Exercise for Seniors in Quarantine – It’s important for all of us to try to stay active for the sake of our physical and mental health, even if we’re homebound. The ideas and resources in this article offer great suggestions for seniors of all ages and abilities.
- Mental Health and Coping during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic – During a crisis, it’s more important than ever to take care of mental health concerns, especially considering how much our emotional health may be impacted in such strange times. This guide will help seniors and others cope with stress, grief, and more during covid.
- Socializing in Place: Tips for Older People to Stay Connected and Safe – Social isolation is a bigger concern for home-based seniors than ever. These great tips offer ideas on how older adults can stay connected while remaining socially distant from their loved ones.
Please share this image on Pinterest