I’ve put together a list of online stores for the best women’s clothes over 50. I’ve also included shoes, jewelry, and accessories to help you look classy and chic. I find that it’s not always easy to find sizes to fit our ever-changing over 50 figures but that doesn’t mean we have to look frumpy. These wonderful stores offer flattering styles and a variety of sizes, which is important as we get older. I don’t know about you but it’s frustrating going to the mall where most of the stores cater to size zero younger women.
Read some of my fashion over 50 posts
- The Most Comfortable Sneakers and Sandals for Women Over 50
- Sunglasses – The Ultimate Wrinkle Eraser – Glasses Gallery Review
- How to Make Buying Glasses Help the World – Warby Parker Review
- How to Stay Sleek for that Special Occasion with No Panty Lines
- Find Your Ultimate Cocktail Dress – To Party Your Socks Off Over 50
- Booties – Made for Walking and Giving You an Edge on Style
- Cardigan Sweater Chic to Cover Your Over 50 Flaws: Nic + Zoe
Online Stores that feature the best Women’s Clothes Over 50 Who Aren’t Twigs
- Covered Perfectly – This is a wonderful site for clothing that caters to women over 50. If you have a tummy to cover or hips you want to hide they have just the clothing choices for you and their style is classy. They use Micro Modal fabric which is breathable and comfortable. Get a discount for 1 or 2 items using the code BB20.
- Dia&Co – If you wear a size 14-32 PLUS SIZES, you will love this website. You can order either an active or Style box of items that are customized to fit your size, body type, color preferences, and other criteria. The site offers a curated in-home shopping experience that helps you prevent shopping mistakes
- Lands’ End® – Lands’ End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, and real value. They offer a complete line of casual and tailored clothing for Women, Men and Kids’ plus outerwear, swimwear & more. And everything is Guaranteed. Period.® Returns are always free at the Lands’ End Shops at Sears. Chat with a real person 24/7 via text chat, phone or video.
- Nic + Zoe – I’ve found some unique and gorgeous styles at Nic + Zoe. It’s not a cookie cutter store by any means.
- Nordstrom – If you are looking for elegant and fashionable attire, Nordstrom’s is a one-stop shop for high-quality clothing, shoes, beauty items and accessories. They also have a fabulous department for plus size women. You can always find the best women’s clothes over 50 shopping at Nordstrom’s.
- Tahari – I love Tahari clothing. This line is sophisticated, classic, and affordable.
- the-Bias-Cut.com – This London-based online clothing company focuses on mature women. Their clothing line is stylish, fun, and definitely unique. | Read my interview with founder Jacynth Bassett
- Shein – Contemporary women’s clothes at affordable prices. They have a beautiful line of Plus-size clothes as well.
- XCVI – Clothing you can live in. Sophisticated but comfortable casual clothing. This clothing company was founded by Gita Zeltzer who is an Israeli born theatre actress and director. All her designs are breathable and moveable while still stylish and attractive.
- BeverlyDiamonds.com – A local and online fine jewelry store located in Los Angeles. Rings, bracelets, earrings pendants for all formal and everyday occasions. Seen on CBS, NBC, ABC, and Fox with top trust ratings on TrustPilot, TrustLink, WeddingWire, and others. Custom designs and financing are available. Look for their daily deals.
- Athleta – Need something attractive to wear to your yoga class, gym, hiking, swimming, cold weather sports, and traveling? Athleta has everything you need and their clothing, shoes, and accessories are beautiful and classy! They also have petite and plus sizes.
- Brayola – Lingerie that includes a large selection of bras, panties, shapewear, hosiery, sexy lingerie, sleepwear, and bra accessories to fit any type of neckline. They also have plus sizes. If you’re worried about getting the right size and style, their website will walk you through a wizard to ensure best results. Free shipping, daily deals, holiday gift guides, 30-day returns policy.
- Third Love – Find your perfect fit bra that’s comfortable. Third Love works in 1/2 sizes and shapes for “real” women. No itchy tags either. Designed by women for women. This company has donated approx 3 million dollars in bras for women in need.
- Big Feet Pajama Company – If you live in a cold climate and want to stay warm at night, you will love Big Feet PJs. In fact, you can find matching PJ’s for the entire family. Jumpsuits, Onesies, Buttflaps. So cute!
- Cool-Jams Wicking Sleepwear -This store offers sleepwear for women who hot flash. – You’ll stay dry and comfortable all night wearing their pj’s and nightgowns.
- Haralee Sleepwear – Haralee is one of my “over 50” blogger friends. She has a fabulous line of sleepwear for hot women who want relief from hot flashes, night sweats, and sleepless nights. Some of her designs can double as loungewear. Her garments are made of Chito Sante fabric, which is an environmentally friendly treatment that is anti-bacterial, odor resistant, fast drying, static free and super soft. They are perfect for traveling because they take up very little space in your suitcase. Please support her by shopping on her site.
- Warby Parker – This online store was featured on 60 Minutes as a store that gives back to the community. Warby Parker offers fashion sunglasses and eyeglasses designed in-house and crafted from the best materials. Try their Home Try-On program where you can pick out five different frames for free. The company partners with non-profits like VisionSpring to ensure that for every pair of glasses sold, a pair is distributed to someone in need. I love the eyeglasses I purchased from them and the whole process was a breeze.
- Eyeconic – If you wear contacts like I do, you can order them on Eyeconic, along with designer eyeglasses and sunglasses that include Nike, Lacoste, Chloe, and Ferragamo to name a few. The accept insurance and have a network of over 40,000 eye doctors. Free shipping, no minimums, and free returns. They say if you can find a lower price, they will match it.
- GlassesGallery.com. – Designer brands of eyeglasses and sunglasses at deep discounts. Brands include Maui Jim, Rayban, Bvlgari and more. FREE high-quality lens package FREE SHIPPING 30-day exchanges & returns 365-day warranty.
- SunglassWarehouse.com – Whereas Glasses Gallery sells high-end fashion sunglasses, SunglassWarehouse sells stylish, affordable ones. If you’re the type of person who sticks their sunglasses in their purse or leaves them on a restaurant table, this is the site for you. Tons of styles and polarized lenses. Everything you need to protect your eyes from the sun.
Accessories, Purses, Luggage, Travel Items
- Ebags – From purses to luggage, Ebags has it all. What many people don’t know is that they also offer clothing, sunglasses, shoes, gloves, watches, and travel items all at reasonable prices with a long list of top brands.
- Scarves.com – Scarves, Pashminas, Infinity Loops, Knit Scarves, Gloves, Headbands, Sunglasses – It’s your one-stop-shop. They have beautiful designs on this fun website. You can also check out their adjoining site for men, Ties.com. Looking for something fun, unusual, and classy for a guy you know. You’ll find it here.
- Columbia – I love my Columbia down parka and have taken it to Europe during the winter several times. It’s light, thermal, (using Omni-Heat Reflective material) and is solidly constructed. Columbia has a large assortment of outerwear, footwear, layering components, vests, apparel, hats, and accessories. They also offer Plus-sizes. The company is Oregon-based.
- Paragon Sports – Paragon Sports features name brands in outdoor wear that include Patagonia, North Face, Canada Goose, Maui Jim and more. They cover every type of sport from skiing to boating. Jackets, footwear, bags, sunglasses, camping gear, apparel, yoga equipment, swimsuits – you name it for those who live an active lifestyle. This company is based in New York and has been open since 1908.
Comfortable but classy looking shoes
Once you’re over 50, COMFORT is king when it comes to shoes but they can still be stylish and chic. It makes no sense to risk falling off 6-inch stilettos or suffer a backache just to look glamorous. The following brands are dedicated to shoes that provide comfort, support, and overall foot wellness but still look stylish and on trend.
- Zappos – The Ultimate destination for high-quality shoes. If you’re looking for a specific brand, it’s sure to be on their website. Uggs, Clark, Sorel, and hundreds more all indexed by letter. And, although shoes are their main thing, they also have gifts, accessories, apparel, eyeglasses, jewelry and more. Zappos stepped up to the plate after the Las Vegas shooting and provided help for the survivors. They also have several programs that distribute shoes and school supplies to disadvantaged kids.
- Teva – This company features sandals, boots, sneakers, and more made with FloatLite technology. It was born in the Grand Canyon in 1984 when a river guide rigged two velcro watch bands to a pair of old flip-flops. You’ll find their shoes to be attractive, supportive, and super comfortable.
The following companies are well-known and reliable companies for comfortable shoes with style. You can’t go wrong with any of them and your feet will thank you.
Buy shoes from fabulous companies that give back.
- TOMS.com – Tom’s offers $10 off the purchase of $100 or more with the code CLASSICS. They are known for their line of slip-on Espadrilles made with a variety of canvas solids and prints. This is a GIVE BACK company. For each purchase, TOMS helps provide shoes, sight, water, safe birth and bullying prevention services to people in need.
- Carlos by Carlos Santana – These shoes are inspired by Carlos Santana’s music with part of the proceeds going to the Milagro Foundation that benefits underserved and vulnerable children around the world in the areas of education, health, and the arts. Colorful and quirky shoes, boots, and sandals to add a little pizazz to your look.
You may also enjoy:
- Fergie Footwear – Shoes that truly capture the essence of the confident and sexy Grammy award-winning artist and style superstar. FergieShoes.com caters to fashion-forward women around the world and strives to create unabashedly sexy, indulgent footwear that imparts a bit of star quality to every person who steps into each chic style. Whatever the occasion, you’ll always feel glamorous in Fergie shoes, boots and sandals.
More recommendations for best women’s clothes over 50 will be coming soon.