Just because we’re older doesn’t mean we have to look frumpy! I’ve put together a list of the best women’s clothes and accessories over 50 you can buy online that include clothing, shoes, jewelry, and accessories to help you look classy and chic.
It’s not always easy to find sizes to fit our ever-changing post-menopause figures but these wonderful stores offer flattering styles and a variety of sizes. I don’t know about you but it’s frustrating going to the mall where most of the stores cater to size zero young women.
Where to shop for clothes when you’re over 50 online
- Box of Style by The Zoe Report – This is a seasonal subscription box curated by The Zoe Reports, the online style destination of stylist, designer, and editor Rachel Zoe. I love this company because her sense of style is classic and glamorous. Each Box of Style is anchored by a signature “hero” piece that retails over $100, and every box is valued at over $400. If you’re looking for chic and class this brand offers the best women’s clothes you can find.
- Covered Perfectly – This is a fabulous site for clothing that specializes in tops and vests for women over 50 and is owned by a woman entrepreneur named Pauline Durban. If you have a tummy to cover or hips you want to hide they have just the clothing choices for you and their style is classy. Pauline uses Micro Modal fabric which is breathable and comfortable. All of her items are made in the U.S. and she gives excellent customer service. Get a discount for 1 or 2 items using the code BB20. Gift certificates are available. Read my review of one of her cascading vests here and another beautiful top here.
- Dia&Co – If you wear a size 14-32 plus sizes, you’ll love this website. You can order either an active or style box of items that are customized to fit your size, body type, color preferences, and other criteria. You’ll enjoy a curated in-home shopping experience that helps you prevent shopping mistakes.
- Dorothee Schumacher – It’s not just a label but is an attitude. Contemporary women’s clothing for your lifestyle. Using only the highest standards their clothes are made with fine materials with subtle, classy designs.
- LACAUSA Clothing – Ethical, environmentally conscious, fair work practices, low waste clothing company based in Los Angeles. Comfortable and stylish made with natural fabrics.
- Lands’ End® – Lands’ End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, and real value. It has some of the best women’s clothes online especially for those who love classic style. They have a complete line of casual and tailored clothing for women, men and kids’ plus stunning outerwear, swimwear & more. Everything is Guaranteed. Period.® Returns are always free at the Lands’ End Shops at Sears. Chat with a real person 24/7 via text chat, phone, or video.
- Nic + Zoe – I’ve found some unique and gorgeous styles at Nic + Zoe. It’s not a cookie-cutter store by any means. See some of their gorgeous cardigans here. They also have gorgeous dresses, pants, blazers, blouses and much more. Plus-size is available.
- Nordstrom – If you are looking for elegant and fashionable attire, Nordstrom is a one-stop-shop for high-quality clothing, shoes, beauty items, and accessories. They also have a fabulous department for plus-size women and offer free alterations. You can always find the best women’s clothes over 50 shopping at Nordstrom’s.
- PrAna – Sustainable clothing to reduce the impact on our environment. Made with organic “green” material, free-trade practices, cruelty-free, and PFC free water-resistant jackets.
- Rachel Zoe – Founded in 2011, the collection includes ready to wear, shoes & accessories that cater to the savvy, fashion-minded, modern woman. Drawing on vintage-inspired fabrics, prints & silhouettes, it evokes California vibes with New York confidence.
- Tahari – Arthur S. Levine – I love Tahari clothing. This line is well-known, sophisticated, classic, and affordable. They are well-known for their stylish women’s suits, dresses, and pant and blazer outfits.
- the-Bias-Cut.com – This London-based online clothing company focuses on trendy clothes for over 50 women. Their clothing line is stylish, fun, and unique. | Read my interview with founder Jacynth Bassett
- Trunk Club – Associated with Nordstrom, Trunk Club is a personalized mid- to high-end men’s and women’s clothing service based in Chicago, Illinois, United States. You will work with a specialist who will show you how to dress over 50 in a way that is fashionable and classy. Your purchase will then be shipped to your home. If you are satisfied with your items, purchase them outright or send them back to Trunk Club.
- XCVI – Clothing you can live in. Sophisticated but comfortable casual clothing. This clothing company was founded by Gita Zeltzer who is an Israeli born theatre actress and director. All her designs are breathable and moveable while still stylish and attractive.
- Anatomie – The Official Luxury Clothing Brand of Forbes Travel Guide in 2019. Their wrinkle-free travel clothing will make it easy for you to wander the world in comfort but always feel classy.
Activewear and Workout Clothes
- Athleta – Rock your sweatpants when you exercise. There’s no need to look like a schlump. Athleta has all you need to look sharp on a hike, at yoga class, in the pool, or on vacation. They also have casual clothes to hang out with, shoes, accessories, and the best women’s workout clothes.
Promote your business by wearing it
Create stylish clothing for your business by adding your business logo to advertise it as you travel or go about your day.
- Create a Shirt – Add your logo to Tee-shirts, hoodies, long sleeve shirts, and tank tops. Tons of variety in styles and colors.
Unique, homemade, and vintage fashion finds
- Etsy – If you’re looking for clothing, jewelry, handmade made goods, BOHO, and vintage items that are out of the ordinary and well-made you can find them on Etsy. They have everything from gorgeous bracelets to doggie supplies. It’s an amazing shopping space for goods from artisans and crafters. See some Etsy finds I picked out for gift ideas here.
- Living Social – Find deals on women’s fashion that you may not be able to find elsewhere. Limited-time sales will get you the best bang for your buck.
- Groupon – This company owns Living Social so you can find different deals on each site. Check them both out.
I love natural gemstones, especially because they’re earthy and give off positive energy. Here are a few places you can find them.
- Capsul Jewelry – This woman-owned business based in Los Angeles creates custom 14k jewelry as well as brass and sterling with personalized handwriting, a special date, sound wave pattern of a voice, name, or place to make your piece special and unique. It’s also made in the most environmentally friendly way. There’s something for everyone at various price-points depending on your needs.
- Energy Muse – Natural Gemstones and Crystal Jewelry – My favorite jewelry items are made with natural gemstones because they are said to have healing properties. You can find an amazing collection and also take their Crystal Test.
- Chupi – Handmade Jewelry made in Ireland – Rings, necklaces, earrings and more with a Celtic twist. They also have unique engagement and wedding pieces. Made with ethical gold and conflict-free diamonds. Inspired by wildlife and nature. Award-winning.
Lingerie & Shapewear
- Third Love – Find your perfect fit bra that’s comfortable. Third Love works in 1/2 sizes and shapes for “real” women. No itchy tags either. Designed by women for women. This company has donated approx 3 million dollars in bras for women in need.
- Skims – This company is owned by Kim Kardashian West and focuses on shapewear. Get rid of bulges and look more toned with panties, shorts, and bodysuits. Bras and underwear in natural and classy colors.
- Cool-Jams Wicking Sleepwear -This store offers sleepwear for women who hot flash. – You’ll stay dry and comfortable all night wearing their pj’s and nightgowns.
- Warby Parker – This online store was featured on 60 Minutes as a store that gives back to the community. Warby Parker offers fashion sunglasses and eyeglasses designed in-house and crafted from the best materials. Try their Home Try-On program where you can pick out five different frames for free. The company partners with non-profits like VisionSpring to ensure that for every pair of glasses sold, a pair is distributed to someone in need. I love the eyeglasses I purchased from them and the whole process was a breeze.
- Eyeconic – If you wear contacts as I do, you can order them on Eyeconic, along with designer eyeglasses and sunglasses that include Nike, Lacoste, Chloe, and Ferragamo to name a few. They accept insurance and have a network of over 40,000 eye doctors. Free shipping, no minimums, and free returns. They say if you can find a lower price, they will match it.
- SunglassWarehouse.com – Whereas Glasses Gallery sells high-end fashion sunglasses, SunglassWarehouse sells stylish, affordable ones. If you’re the type of person who sticks their sunglasses in their purse or leaves them on a restaurant table, this is the site for you. Tons of styles and polarized lenses. Everything you need to protect your eyes from the sun.
Accessories, Purses, Luggage, Travel Items
The best women’s clothes need accessories to make them pop. The companies below can help you find just the perfect piece to top off your wardrobe.
- Ebags – From purses to luggage, Ebags has it all. What many people don’t know is that they also offer clothing, sunglasses, shoes, gloves, watches, and travel items all at reasonable prices with a long list of top brands.
- Lele Sadoughi – Find all sorts of great accessories including stylish face masks, which are the new fashion statement. They also have jewelry, headbands, handbags, sunglasses, visors, hats, hosiery, and more.
- baggallini – One of my favorite brands for travel purses and wallets. RFID theft protection built right in. Light, well-made, easy to carry and wash, and lots of compartments.
Do you need a fabulous parka for cold weather, hiking gear, or other outdoor wear? This is my favorite for the best women’s outdoor clothing.
- Columbia – I love my Columbia down parka and have taken it to Europe during the winter several times. It’s light, thermal, (using Omni-Heat Reflective material), and is solidly constructed. Columbia has a large assortment of outerwear, footwear, layering components, vests, apparel, hats, and accessories. They also offer Plus-sizes. The company is based in Oregon.
Comfortable but classy looking shoes
Once you’re over 50, COMFORT is king when it comes to shoes but they can still be stylish and chic. It makes no sense to risk falling off 6-inch stilettos or suffer a backache just to look glamorous. The following brands are dedicated to shoes that provide comfort, support, and overall foot wellness but still look attractive and on-trend.
- Aerosoles – Shoes that combine style, quality, and comfort. You will always look fashionable without your feet having to suffer. From sneakers to boots, heels, and gorgeous flats. Walk-in comfort for hours.
- Pikolinos – Mediterranean style shoes, boots, and accessories made by artisans using fine leather treated with the finest respect. It’s a socially conscious European company that gives back to the world through its social projects.
- Zappos – The Ultimate destination for high-quality shoes. If you’re looking for a specific brand, it’s sure to be on their website. Uggs, Clark, Sorel, and hundreds more are all indexed by letter. And, although shoes are their main thing, they also have gifts, accessories, apparel, eyeglasses, jewelry, and more. Zappos stepped up to the plate after the Las Vegas shooting and provided help for the survivors. They also have several programs that distribute shoes and school supplies to disadvantaged kids.
- Teva – This company features sandals, boots, sneakers, and more made with FloatLite technology. It was born in the Grand Canyon in 1984 when a river guide rigged two velcro watchbands to a pair of old flip-flops. You’ll find their shoes to be attractive, supportive, and super comfortable.
- TOMS.com – Toms is known for its line of slip-on Espadrilles made with a variety of canvas solids and prints and is also another GIVE BACK company. For each purchase, TOMS helps provide shoes to people in need, and proceeds go to a variety of charities.
You can’t go wrong with these companies
These brands are well-known for comfortable shoes that are stylish and affordable. You can’t go wrong with any of them and your feet will thank you.
Please share this image for Best Women’s Clothes and Accessories Over 50 on Pinterest