Just because we’re older doesn’t mean we have to look frumpy! I’ve put together a list of the best women’s clothes and accessories over 50 you can buy online that include clothing, shoes, jewelry, and accessories to help you look classy and chic. It’s not always easy to find sizes to fit our ever-changing post-menopause figures but these wonderful stores offer flattering styles and a variety of sizes. I don’t know about you but it’s frustrating going to the mall where most of the stores cater to size zero young women.
Online Stores that feature the best Women’s Clothes Over 50 Who Aren’t Twigs
- Box of Style by the Zoe Report – This is a seasonal subscription box curated by The Zoe Reports, the online style destination of stylist, designer and editor Rachel Zoe. I love this company because her sense of style is classic and glamorous. Each Box of Style is anchored by a signature “hero” piece that retails over $100, and every box is valued at over $400.
- Covered Perfectly – This is a fabulous site for clothing that specializes in tops and vests for women over 50 and is owned by a woman entrepreneur named Pauline Durban. If you have a tummy to cover or hips you want to hide they have just the clothing choices for you and their style is classy. Pauline uses Micro Modal fabric which is breathable and comfortable. All of her items are made in the U.S. and she gives excellent customer service. Get a discount for 1 or 2 items using the code BB20. Gift certificates are available. Read my review of one of her cascading vests here and another beautiful top here.
- Dia&Co – If you wear a size 14-32 plus sizes, you’ll love this website. You can order either an active or style box of items that are customized to fit your size, body type, color preferences, and other criteria. You’ll enjoy a curated in-home shopping experience that helps you prevent shopping mistakes
- Jarlo – Beautiful and stunning formal clothes for weddings, parties, special occasions. This company is based in London and plus sizes are available.
- Lands’ End® – Lands’ End® is a classic American lifestyle brand with a passion for quality, legendary service, and real value. It has some of the best women’s clothes online especially for those who love classic style. They have a complete line of casual and tailored clothing for women, men and kids’ plus stunning outerwear, swimwear & more. Everything is Guaranteed. Period.® Returns are always free at the Lands’ End Shops at Sears. Chat with a real person 24/7 via text chat, phone or video.
- Nic + Zoe – I’ve found some unique and gorgeous styles at Nic + Zoe. It’s not a cookie cutter store by any means. See some of their gorgeous cardigans here. They also have gorgeous dresses, pants, blazers, blouses and much more. Plus-size is available.
- Nordstrom – If you are looking for elegant and fashionable attire, Nordstrom’s is a one-stop shop for high-quality clothing, shoes, beauty items and accessories. They also have a fabulous department for plus-size women and they offer free alterations. You can always find the best women’s clothes over 50 shopping at Nordstrom’s.
- Sonja by Sonja Morgan – Elegant and bold fashion for fashionistas who aren’t afraid to make a statement. Beautiful designs for hip Boomsters with sizes up to 4 XL. Check out their faux fur.
- Tahari – Arthur S. Levine – I love Tahari clothing. This line is well-known, sophisticated, classic, and affordable. They are well-known for their stylish women’s suits, dresses, and pant and blazer outfits.
- the-Bias-Cut.com – This London-based online clothing company focuses on mature women. Their clothing line is stylish, fun, and definitely unique. | Read my interview with founder Jacynth Bassett
- Shein – Contemporary women’s clothes at affordable prices. They have a beautiful line of Plus-size clothes as well. Fun, casual, and trendy. Perfect for beach vacations, weekend getaways, and dressy occasions. They also have a full line of swimwear.
- Trunk Club – Associated with Nordstrom, Trunk Club is a personalized mid- to high-end men’s and women’s clothing service based in Chicago, Illinois, United States. Each customer works with a specialist who chooses clothing for their box. It is then shipped to their home. You can purchase the clothes outright or send them back to Trunk Club.
- XCVI – Clothing you can live in. Sophisticated but comfortable casual clothing. This clothing company was founded by Gita Zeltzer who is an Israeli born theatre actress and director. All her designs are breathable and moveable while still stylish and attractive.
- Zulily – I love the styles you can find on this online shopping site. Everything is so flattering and fun. It always catches my eye. They have great customer service also. They always have sales, up to 70% off, with big brands. Women’s Plus sizes are available. The contribute to several organizations to end childhood cancer. To receive sales announcements and deep discounts, become a member.
Unique, homemade, and vintage fashion finds
- Etsy – If you’re looking for clothing, jewelry, handmade made goods, BOHO, and vintage items that are out of the ordinary and well-made you can find them on Etsy. They have everything from gorgeous bracelets to doggie supplies. It’s an amazing shopping space for goods from artisans and crafters. See some Etsy finds I picked out for gift ideas here.
- Living Social – Find deals on women’s fashion that you may not be able to find elsewhere. Limited-time sales will get you the best bang for your buck.
- Groupon – This company owns Living Social so you can find different deals on each site. Check them both out.
I love natural gemstones, especially because they’re earthy and give off positive energy. Here are a few places you can find them.
- Energy Muse – Natural Gemstones and Crystal Jewelry – My favorite jewelry items are made with natural gemstones because they are said to have healing properties. You can find an amazing collection and also take their Crystal Test.
- MyGoodLuckCharms – Good luck and spiritual jewelry with gemstones for wellbeing, prosperity, positive energy, chakras as well as angels, dreamcatchers, Om, Ying Yang, religious, and much more. Healing crystals, gemstones, figurines, tapestries, and gifts for women and men.
Fitness and swimwear
- Athleta – Need something attractive to wear to your yoga class, gym, hiking, swimming, cold weather sports, and traveling? Athleta has everything you need and their clothing, shoes, and accessories are beautiful and classy! They also have petite and plus sizes.
- Swim Outlet – The web’s most popular swim outlet. It’s the largest online specialty shop for swimming, fashion, beach, and surf products in the US. For over 10 years, we have focused on delivering the best online shopping experience and the best value.
- Brayola – Lingerie that includes a wide selection of bras, panties, shapewear, hosiery, sexy lingerie, sleepwear, and bra accessories to fit any type of neckline. They also have plus sizes. If you’re worried about getting the right size and style, their website will walk you through a wizard to ensure best results. Free shipping, daily deals, holiday gift guides, 30-day returns policy.
- Third Love – Find your perfect fit bra that’s comfortable. Third Love works in 1/2 sizes and shapes for “real” women. No itchy tags either. Designed by women for women. This company has donated approx 3 million dollars in bras for women in need.
- Cool-Jams Wicking Sleepwear -This store offers sleepwear for women who hot flash. – You’ll stay dry and comfortable all night wearing their pj’s and nightgowns.
- Haralee Sleepwear – Haralee is one of my “over 50” blogger friends. She has a fabulous line of sleepwear for hot women who want relief from hot flashes, night sweats, and sleepless nights. Some of her designs can double as loungewear. Her garments are made of Chito Sante fabric, which is an environmentally friendly treatment that is anti-bacterial, odor resistant, fast drying, static free and super soft. They are perfect for traveling because they take up very little space in your suitcase. Please support her by shopping on her site.
- Warby Parker – This online store was featured on 60 Minutes as a store that gives back to the community. Warby Parker offers fashion sunglasses and eyeglasses designed in-house and crafted from the best materials. Try their Home Try-On program where you can pick out five different frames for free. The company partners with non-profits like VisionSpring to ensure that for every pair of glasses sold, a pair is distributed to someone in need. I love the eyeglasses I purchased from them and the whole process was a breeze.
- Eyeconic – If you wear contacts as I do, you can order them on Eyeconic, along with designer eyeglasses and sunglasses that include Nike, Lacoste, Chloe, and Ferragamo to name a few. They accept insurance and have a network of over 40,000 eye doctors. Free shipping, no minimums, and free returns. They say if you can find a lower price, they will match it.
- Fortress Eyewear – Home of Crush Eyes for women and Kreedom for men. Affordable but highly stylish sunglasses with 100% UV/UVB protection on all frames. Their motto is: “We believe that price should not drive the design of the frame, nor compromise the quality of the product.” Free shipping if shipping within the United States.
- GlassesGallery.com – Designer brands of eyeglasses and sunglasses at deep discounts. Brands include Maui Jim, Rayban, Bvlgari and more. FREE high-quality lens package FREE SHIPPING 30-day exchanges & returns 365-day warranty.
- SunglassWarehouse.com – Whereas Glasses Gallery sells high-end fashion sunglasses, SunglassWarehouse sells stylish, affordable ones. If you’re the type of person who sticks their sunglasses in their purse or leaves them on a restaurant table, this is the site for you. Tons of styles and polarized lenses. Everything you need to protect your eyes from the sun.
Accessories, Purses, Luggage, Travel Items
- Ebags – From purses to luggage, Ebags has it all. What many people don’t know is that they also offer clothing, sunglasses, shoes, gloves, watches, and travel items all at reasonable prices with a long list of top brands.
- Phive Rivers – Luxury Italian Handbags man crafted (not touched by a machine) in Lucca, Italy. All are gorgeous and unique.
- Scarves.com – Scarves, Pashminas, Infinity Loops, Knit Scarves, Gloves, Headbands, Sunglasses – It’s your one-stop-shop. They have beautiful designs on this fun website. You can also check out their adjoining site for men, Ties.com. Looking for something fun, unusual, and classy for a guy you know. You’ll find it here.
- Columbia – I love my Columbia down parka and have taken it to Europe during the winter several times. It’s light, thermal, (using Omni-Heat Reflective material) and is solidly constructed. Columbia has a large assortment of outerwear, footwear, layering components, vests, apparel, hats, and accessories. They also offer Plus-sizes. The company is based in Oregon.
- Paragon Sports – Paragon Sports features name brands in outdoor wear that include Patagonia, North Face, Canada Goose, Maui Jim and more. They cover every type of sport from skiing to boating. Jackets, footwear, bags, sunglasses, camping gear, apparel, yoga equipment, swimsuits – you name it for those who live an active lifestyle. This company is based in New York and has been open since 1908.
Comfortable but classy looking shoes
Once you’re over 50, COMFORT is king when it comes to shoes but they can still be stylish and chic. It makes no sense to risk falling off 6-inch stilettos or suffer a backache just to look glamorous. The following brands are dedicated to shoes that provide comfort, support, and overall foot wellness but still look attractive and on trend.
- Aerosoles – Shoes that combine style, quality, and comfort. You will always look fashionable without your feet having to suffer. From sneakers to boots, heels, and gorgeous flats. Walk in comfort for hours.
- Zappos – The Ultimate destination for high-quality shoes. If you’re looking for a specific brand, it’s sure to be on their website. Uggs, Clark, Sorel, and hundreds more are all indexed by letter. And, although shoes are their main thing, they also have gifts, accessories, apparel, eyeglasses, jewelry and more. Zappos stepped up to the plate after the Las Vegas shooting and provided help for the survivors. They also have several programs that distribute shoes and school supplies to disadvantaged kids.
- Teva – This company features sandals, boots, sneakers, and more made with FloatLite technology. It was born in the Grand Canyon in 1984 when a river guide rigged two velcro watch bands to a pair of old flip-flops. You’ll find their shoes to be attractive, supportive, and super comfortable.
- TOMS.com – Toms is known for its line of slip-on Espadrilles made with a variety of canvas solids and prints and is also another GIVE BACK company. For each purchase, TOMS helps provide shoes to people in need and proceeds go to a variety of charities.
- Viscata Barcelona – This company is known for its Spanish style Espadrilles for women and men. Gorgeous styles with a Barcelona flair. Who could go wrong? 100% made in Spain by artisans.
You can’t go wrong with these companies
These brands are well-known for comfortable shoes that are stylish and affordable. You can’t go wrong with any of them and your feet will thank you.
- Lola Miller – London based, this company has gorgeous and high-quality ankle boots. They offer free U.S.A. shipping and returns. You can really sharpen any outfit from jeans to dresses with their fabulous selection.
Please share this image for Best Women’s Clothes and Accessories Over 50 on Pinterest