When it comes to skin care products and cosmetics for those of us over 50, let’s change the way we think about aging and adopt the new mindset of Pro-aging. The term “anti-aging” sounds negative. Instead, we can embrace our age knowing that the right products will help us look vibrant and luminous.
Less is more. The most beautiful older women start with good skin care and use minimal makeup that allows them to glow with vitality. Eating healthy foods and hydrating with pure water is essential too.
The ingredients in your skin care products are important too so you want to make sure they don’t contain harsh chemicals and use ethical practices in their development. However, I’ve found that the most effective products and the least allergenic are formulated with a mixture of scientifically developed and natural ingredients.
You may also want to read: How to Know if Your Skincare Ingredients are Harmful to Your Health
The trick to aging gracefully is to enjoy it
Online shopping has made it easier for us to find the best skin care products to meet our individual needs. We don’t have to fight crowds at the mall or attend parties where we buy more than we intended. My recommendations below are of products I have tried and loved. I hope you will enjoy them too.
Skin care products you will love
- Murad is a high-performance line of radiant beauty products that works. It offers a range of solutions that include mature skin, acne, and even cellulite. Their products are mid-range in price and are remarkably effective. The company was founded by Dr. Howard Murad, a dermatologist, and pharmacist, who takes a holistic view of how to treat aging skin. No animal testing is involved. Find out what’s new at Murad by clicking here.
- Manuka Doctor is a New Zealand company that offers skin care made with bee products. It’s a naturally inspired, and scientifically enhanced formulation that is refined, and formulated for high performance, and is 100% bee-friendly. They also sell 20+ active bio Manuka bee honey to use as a sweetener. This powerful and nutritious honey helps destroy superbug infections like MRSA. Purchase Manuka Doctor skin care by clicking here.
- AHAVA is high on my list of favorite skin care brands. Their products are made with Dead Sea minerals. They have an extensive line of high-quality skincare, serums, salt scrubs, oils, and treatments. You’ll find solutions for every type of skin and ingredients also include botanicals and other natural ingredients to make your skin glow and look vibrant. Find out what’s new at AHAVA by clicking here.
- Biossance offers sustainable beauty products formulated with biotechnology. The ingredients in Biossance’s skin care products include Squalane which comes from 100% plant-based, renewable sugarcane. It is then bio-fermented to create a beautiful result that is highly stable and sustainable. Their skin care products lock in moisture to keep your face and body hydrated. Biossance is diligent in its effort to offer clean skin care that will not cause cancer, unbalance your hormones, or damage the environment. The company collaborates with the nonprofit Zagaya to eradicate Malaria in third-world countries and makes donations based on purchases. Find out what’s new at Biossance by clicking here.
- Sahajan sells Ayurvedic-inspired skin care that is almost like yoga for your face! This natural, cruelty-free, and eco-friendly company has been touted by magazines like Vogue, Elle, Forbes, and Women’s Health. They have a full line of products for skin care, lip care, body care, hair care, and eye care. Shop Ayurvedic skin care at Sahajan by clicking here.
- Cerave is an affordable drug store brand but one I absolutely love! I have dry skin and when I put on Cerave moisturizer my skin feels fantastic. Shop Cerave products at Target by clicking here.
- Neostrata is a dermatologist-developed product that will give you profound benefits for your skin. It will rejuvenate your skin and heal damage. See what’s new at Neostrata by clicking here.
- Caire Beauty skin care is specially designed for women with declining hormones either in pre or post menopause. It’s clean, cruelty free, and vegan. Find out how Caire Beauty can work for you by clicking here.
I tried on Neostrata products in the Instagram video below. Please watch.
Skin Care gift sets
- L’Occitane en Provence beauty products come from Manosque, France. They have a line of luxurious skin care products, body care, hand care, fragrances, and gorgeous gifts for women and men. Their hand creme is one of the best in the world. Find out what’s new at L’Occitane en Provence by clicking here.
- Philosophy is a wellbeing beauty brand that harnesses dermatological science with the power of nature. They offer clean skin care products, fragrances, bath and body, and color. Visit the Philosophy website by clicking here.
Specific skin care concerns for women over 50
- Zincuta Ointment by The Apotheca is an excellent cream if you have psoriasis, eczema, chapped lips, poison ivy blisters, or burn injuries. It comes in a 2 oz tin and is compact enough to pack in your travel bag. It’s formulated with essential oils. Order Zincuta by clicking here.
- DerMend Mature Skin Solutions – If you are experiencing dry, itchy skin due to a chronic condition or because of medical treatments like chemotherapy. Make sure to try their Moisturizing Anti-itch Lotion, Fragile Skin Moisturizing Formula and Moisturizing Bruise Formula Cream
- Theraplex Hydro Lotion Daily Skin Maintenance and Dry Skin Protection was accepted by the National Eczema Association and will soothe dry skin almost immediately. Order it by clicking here.
- Wander Beauty is all about needing fewer and better beauty essentials that keep you gorgeous on the go. Luxe high-performance makeup, and skin essentials that provide maximum impact with minimum effort. See what’s new at Wander Beauty by clicking here.
Essential Oils, Aromatherapy, and Fragrance
- Apotheke is a home fragrance and body care brand. They believe that scent can transform your home, elevate your mood, and keep memories alive. They also offer a full line of bar soaps and 3-wick candles. Find out what’s new at Apotheke by clicking here.
- Skylar Body, Inc. sells natural perfumes and home freshening fragrances. Enjoy their fresh scent that doesn’t have any parabens, SLS, phthalates, allergens, animal-derived products, or synthetic dyes mixed in. Find your perfect scent at Skylar Body by clicking here.
Non-Toxic Hair Products
- Madison Reed makes non-toxic and luxurious hair coloring products. If you are still dying your hair and hate the fact that you are putting toxic sludge on your head, you will love this brand. They have great customer service and all their products can be easily purchased online. Book a free video consult with an expert hair colorist by clicking here.
Hair products for mature women
As we age, our hair becomes thinner. If you find you are picking out half a kitten in your hairbrush either from age or medical treatments, try these thinning hair products below:
- Infinity Hair makes hair care products for those with thinning hair. They offer hair fibers that will give you the appearance of thicker and fuller hair in less than 20 seconds. They also offer supplements to help your hair grow back faster. To add more volume to your hair visit Infinity Hair by clicking here.
Nails, Feet, and Hands
- Barielle offers nail strengthening, foot, and hand care products that really work. As we get older our nails start to thin out and become fragile. They also have fun nail colors (with strengthening formula inside) and skin care products for hands, feet, and face. Find everything you need for beautiful nails by clicking here.
- DIAMANCEL #11 FOOT BUFFER is a heavy-duty polishing file for feet in need of intensive foot care that really works. When I was at the spa at Mirava; Resort and Spa my pedicurist used one and recommended that I get one. It really takes off the dead skin without damaging my feet. I would never use anything else. She told me to take it with me whenever I get a pedicure to avoid catching a fungus or some other gnarly condition that you can sometimes get at a nail salon.
Please share this image on Pinterest