When it comes to beauty products for Baby Boomer women over 50 let’s change the way we think about aging and adopt a new mindset. The term “anti-aging” sounds like we’re trying to kill something. The truth is, aging is beautiful. Mature skin looks best with products that let us radiate a luminous glow and highlight our best features. Below, you will find my recommendations for best skin care products for women over 50 as well as beauty, hair, and fragrance.
I prefer to use products that are non-toxic to my skin and hair as much as possible and are cruelty-free. (not tested on animals) Sometimes the best skin care products for women over 50, and the least allergenic are formulated with a mixture of scientifically developed and natural ingredients.
You may also want to read: How to Know if Your Skincare Ingredients are Harmful for Your Health
Online shopping for the best beauty products for women over 50 makes life easier for us Baby Boomers. We don’t have to travel and park at the mall or book a party where we buy more than we intended to.
Best skin care products for women over 50
- Manuka Doctor – Skin care made from the amazing ingredients from a beehive. Manuka Doctor is a naturally inspired, and scientifically enhanced skin care formulation that is refined, and formulated for high performance. 100% bee friendly. You can also purchase 20+ active bio Manuka bee honey from New Zealand that destroys superbugs like MRSA.
- Just Natural Skin Care – This company offers both skin care and hair products made with 250 natural plant-based – no animal – non-toxic products that take care of every need from thinning hair to natural tanning. They even have a line of natural products for dogs. Ingredients include botanical extracts, butter, essential oils, exfoliants, hydrosols, oils, proteins, vitamins, raw materials, salts, and waxes. Soaps, scrubs, and lotions make great gifts. Cruelty-free & vegan.
- AHAVA – I love that AHAVA skin care is made with Dead Sea minerals and offers an extensive line of incredibly effective skincare, serums, salt scrubs, oils, and treatments. There are solutions for every type of skin and ingredients include botanicals and other natural ingredients to make your skin glow and look vibrant. Review Here.
- Biossance – Sustainable beauty through biotechnology. The ingredients in Biossance’s skincare products include Squalane which comes from comes from 100% plant-based, renewable sugarcane. It is then bio-fermented to create a beautiful end result—highly stable, totally sustainable squalane. It helps to lock in moisture in your skin to keep it hydrated. Biossance is diligent in its effort to offer clean skin care that will not cause cancer, unbalance your hormones or damage the environment. The company collaborates with the nonprofit Zagaya to eradicate Malaria in third-world countries and makes donations based on purchases.
- Murad is another high-performance line of radiant beauty products that work. It offers a range of solutions that include mature skin, acne, and even cellulite. Their products are mid-range in price and are remarkably effective. The company was founded by Dr. Howard Murad, a dermatologist, and pharmacist, who takes a holistic view of how to treat aging skin. No animal testing.
- Elite Serum – Elite serum is the #1 anti-wrinkle eye cream. We all love a good eye cream, right? That’s the first place where wrinkles show up. It contains 8 medical-grade peptides and will reduce puffiness and wrinkles, smooth fine lines, and rejuvenate your eye area. This product was made and tested by pharmacists. Medical Daily says, “No other eye serum contains such a compelling mixture of marquee ingredients that quickly and effectively improve puffiness, wrinkles, and fine lines on aging skin.” No animal testing
- XtendLife – This New Zealand company has plant-based skin care products and supplements to reduce wrinkles and improve skin quality as we age. It uses a combination of natural ingredients and science, is cruelty-free, and clinically proven to reduce the signs of aging. I love that the supplements complement the skin care. Paraben and chemical free and dermatologically tested for allergens. The more I use it, the more I love it. Cruelty-Free. Review Here
- Philosophy – This Arizona-based company sells mindful beauty products that include skin care, fragrance, bath & body, cosmetics, and gifts. You’ll find beautiful and luminous makeup colors that act as skin care. They regularly donate a portion of their sales to the Hope&Grace initiative, that supports community-based health efforts. One of their most popular products is Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser.
- Robin McGraw Revelation – Effective formulations, the luxury line boasts beautiful packaging and inspiring names that are not only a reflection of the products but are a nod to women embracing the beauty and fun of aging and living their lives freely, with passion.
- By the Clique – This company specializes in matte and satin lipsticks. It’s a family run business and 10% of all profits from “By the Clique” are given to help fund disaster relief, hunger relief, and women empowerment. For a 10% discount, enter the code babyboomster
- LiveGlam – Beauty products delivered monthly. Vegan and cruelty-free. Monthly and bi-monthly clubs for makeup brushes, lipsticks, and eyeshadows. Plus, you can order individual products.
- Luscious Cosmetics – 100% Vegan and cruelty-free is popular with celebrities, makeup artists, and beauty addicts. Everything you need including brushes and tools.
Indulge your self at a spa
Spafinder – Every woman deserves a day at the spa to renew and relax. You can find a local spa near you on Spafinder. Find any wellness or beauty treatment you desire or give a gift certificate to a friend or loved one who needs time for herself. Self-care is important and a day at a spa is a great way to treat yourself.
Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
- Aroma Foundry – Pure all natural essential oils – All of Aroma Foundry’s essential oils are sourced from native habitats from around the world. Each lists its country of origin. The company is located in Santa Barbara, California and offers an extraordinary collection. Review Here.
- Thieves Oil from Young Living Essential Oils – I can’t even tell you how much I LOVE Thieves oil. I’ve been using it for years and swear it has kept me from getting sick. I’ve gone years without catching a cold, and when I do, it’s less serious than it ever was before. I wear it on my wrist on top of a little coconut oil. I take it with me everywhere especially when I’m traveling.
Non-Toxic Hair Products
- Madison Reed non-toxic hair color products – Some Baby Boomer women have bitten the bullet, gone gray and look gorgeous. The rest of us color our hair every 6-12 weeks. That usually means glopping harsh toxic chemicals on your head. Madison Reed has developed a fantastic line of non-toxic hair color, root touch up kits, and color reviving gloss that keeps your hair soft and gives it gorgeous luster. What I love is that you can keep your hair looking fabulous between color treatments simply by brushing on its root touch kit and you can also fill in your eyebrows. They also have a new Root Reboot kit. I not only love this product but the people who developed it as well. The offer amazing customer service and all their products can be easily purchased online. Review Here.
- Sphinx – Shave anywhere, anytime with Sphinx razors. It’s an all-in-one tool that sprays, moisturizes, and shaves. Pull it out of your purse whenever you spy a stray hair. It comes with 2 blades to shave on the go. And the cool thing is, it’s TSA approved.
- Xtava – From shampoo to curling irons, flat irons to brushes, everything a woman needs to have healthy hair. You can take a hair quiz and find the products just right for you. Solutions for every hair care need.
Thinning hair products for mature women
- Cerafill by Redken – A while back I had the opportunity to try out Redken’s Cerafill products for thinning hair. My hair was ending up in my brush every time I used it. I didn’t have an advanced problem with thinning hair but it was annoying. I loved the way the Cerafill products made my hair feel and it became thicker over time. I recommend it if your hair is falling out or getting thinner as you age. Review Here.
I will be adding more of the best skin care products for women over 50 as well as beauty, hair and fragrance items as I find them. Stay tuned.