When it comes to beauty products for Baby Boomer women over 50 let’s change the way we think about aging and adopt the new mindset of Pro-aging. The term “anti-aging” sounds like we’re trying to kill something. The truth is, aging is beautiful and gives us character. Mature skin looks best with products that let us radiate a luminous glow and highlight our best features. Below, you’ll find my recommendations for best skin care products for women over 50 as well as beauty, hair, and fragrance.
I prefer to use products that are non-toxic to my skin and hair as much as possible and are cruelty-free. (not tested on animals) However, sometimes the best skin care products for women over 50, and the least allergenic are formulated with a mixture of scientifically developed and natural ingredients.
You may also want to read: How to Know if Your Skincare Ingredients are Harmful for Your Health
Online shopping for the best beauty products for women over 50 makes life easier for us Baby Boomers. We don’t have to travel and park at the mall or book a party where we buy more than we intended to.
Best skin care products for women over 50
- Manuka Doctor – This product line offers skin care made from ingredients that come from a beehive. It’s a naturally inspired, and scientifically enhanced formulation that is refined, and formulated for high performance and is 100% bee friendly. You can also purchase 20+ active bio Manuka bee honey from New Zealand to consume that will destroys superbugs like MRSA.
- Just Natural Skin Care – This company features both skin care and hair products made with 250 natural plant-based – non-animal – non-toxic products that take care of every need from thinning hair to natural tanning. They even have a line of natural products for dogs. Ingredients include botanical extracts, butter, essential oils, exfoliants, hydrosols, oils, proteins, vitamins, raw materials, salts, and waxes. Soaps, scrubs, and lotions make great gifts. All of their products are cruelty-free & vegan.
- AHAVA – I love that AHAVA skin care is made with Dead Sea minerals and offers an extensive line of incredibly effective skincare, serums, salt scrubs, oils, and treatments. There are solutions for every type of skin and ingredients include botanicals and other natural ingredients to make your skin glow and look vibrant. Review Here.
- Biossance – Here you’ll find sustainable beauty products formulated with biotechnology. The ingredients in Biossance’s skincare products include Squalane which comes from comes from 100% plant-based, renewable sugarcane. It is then bio-fermented to create a beautiful end result which is highly stable and totally sustainable. It helps to lock in moisture in your skin to keep it hydrated. Biossance is diligent in its effort to offer clean skin care that will not cause cancer, unbalance your hormones or damage the environment. The company collaborates with the nonprofit Zagaya to eradicate Malaria in third-world countries and makes donations based on purchases.
- Murad is another high-performance line of radiant beauty products that work. It offers a range of solutions that include mature skin, acne, and even cellulite. Their products are mid-range in price and are remarkably effective. The company was founded by Dr. Howard Murad, a dermatologist, and pharmacist, who takes a holistic view of how to treat aging skin. No animal testing is involved.
- Elite Serum – Elite serum is the #1 anti-wrinkle eye cream. We all love a good eye cream, right? That’s the first place where wrinkles show up. It contains 8 medical-grade peptides which will reduce puffiness and wrinkles, smooth fine lines, and rejuvenate your eye area. This product was made and tested by pharmacists. Medical Daily says, “No other eye serum contains such a compelling mixture of marquee ingredients that quickly and effectively improve puffiness, wrinkles, and fine lines on aging skin.” No animal testing is involved.
- XtendLife – This New Zealand company has plant-based skin care products and supplements to reduce wrinkles and improve skin quality as we age. It uses a combination of natural ingredients and science, is cruelty-free, and clinically proven to reduce the signs of aging. I love that the supplements complement the skin care. Paraben and chemical free and dermatologically tested for allergens. The more I use it, the more I love it. Cruelty-Free. Review Here
- Philosophy – This Arizona-based company sells mindful beauty products that include skin care, fragrance, bath & body, cosmetics, and gifts. You’ll find beautiful and luminous makeup colors that act as skin care. They regularly donate a portion of their sales to the Hope&Grace initiative, that supports community-based health efforts. One of their most popular products is Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser.
- Lather – Natural skincare products that were originally formulated because the founder, Emilie Hoyt, suffered from chronic migraines. All of her products are plant-based and use essential oils. She opened up her Pasadena store in 1999 and now has stores in Atlanta and Scottsdale. You can find her products at selected spas and hotels and can buy them online on her website.
- Brazilian Skin – This skincare company uses scientifically tested natural extracts from the Amazon Rainforest along with other proven ingredients. Skin serums, facelift kit and more.
- By the Clique – This company specializes in matte and satin lipsticks. It’s a family run business and 10% of all profits from “By the Clique” are given to help fund disaster relief, hunger relief, and women empowerment. For a 10% discount, enter the code babyboomster
- Civilized Cosmetics and Skincare – All of their products are natural, non-toxic and vegan. Their matte liquid suede lipstick is one of their most popular products. They also feature hemp oil products.
- Luscious Cosmetics – 100% Vegan and cruelty-free, this makeup line is popular with celebrities, makeup artists, and beauty addicts. They offer everything you need including brushes and tools.
Indulge your self at a spa
Spafinder – Every woman deserves a day at the spa to renew and relax. Find any wellness or beauty treatment or spa service you desire or give a gift certificate to a friend or loved one who needs time for herself. Self-care is important and a day at a spa is a great way to treat yourself.
Essential Oils, Aromatherapy, and Fragrance
- Aroma Foundry – This company formulates all natural essential oils – Their essential oils are sourced from native habitats from around the world. Each lists its country of origin. It’s based in Santa Barbara, California and offers an extraordinary collection. Review Here.
- Thieves Oil from Young Living Essential Oils – I can’t even tell you how much I LOVE Thieves oil. I’ve been using it for years it’s kept me from getting sick. I’ve gone years without catching a cold, and when I do, it’s less serious than it ever was before. The story is that it was originally blended by thieves during the plague who robbed dead bodies to prevent them from getting it themselves. (I know, kind of gross) I swear by it and wear it on my wrist on top of a little coconut oil. I always take it with me when I’m traveling.
- The Perfume Spot – Do you love top brand fragrances? Get great discounts on Dolce & Gabbana, Calvin Klein, Versace, Giorgio Armani, Christian Dior, Ralph Lauren, Guerlain, Hermes, Yves Saint Laurent, Estee Lauder, Prada, Jean Paul Gaultier, Juicy Couture, Marc Jacobs, and Nautica. Also Bath and body and other products for women and men.
Non-Toxic Hair Products
- Madison Reed non-toxic hair color products – Some Baby Boomer women have bitten the bullet, gone gray and look gorgeous. The rest of us color our hair every 6-12 weeks. That usually means glopping harsh toxic chemicals on our heads. Madison Reed has developed a fantastic line of non-toxic hair color, root touch up kits, and color reviving gloss that keeps your hair soft and gives it gorgeous luster. What I love is that you can keep your hair looking fabulous between color treatments simply by brushing on its root touchup kit that you can also use to fill in your eyebrows or their wonderful color reviving gloss. I not only love this product but the people who developed it as well. They have great customer service and all their products can be easily purchased online. Review Here.
- Sphinx – Shave anywhere, anytime with Sphinx razors. It’s an all-in-one tool that sprays, moisturizes, and shaves. Pull it out of your purse whenever you spy a stray hair. It comes with 2 blades to shave on the go. And the cool thing is, it’s TSA approved.
- Xtava – From shampoo to curling irons, flat irons to brushes, everything a woman needs to have healthy hair. You can take a hair quiz and find the products just right for you. Solutions for every hair care need.
- NumeUSA – Professional hair styling tools. Curling irons, straighteners, hair dryers, hair accessories, extensions, hair care products and more.
Thinning hair products for mature women
- Cerafill by Redken – A while back I had the opportunity to try out Redken’s Cerafill products for thinning hair. My hair was ending up in my brush every time I used it. I didn’t have an advanced problem with thinning hair but it was annoying. I loved the way the Cerafill products made my hair feel and it became thicker over time. I recommend it if your hair is falling out or getting thinner as you age. Review Here.
- Infinity Hair – If you’re having problems with thinning hair, this website offers hair fibers that will give you the appearance of thicker and fuller hair in less than 20 seconds. They also offer supplements to help hair grow back faster.
Please share this image on Pinterest