Are you a person who has a passion project to promote and you’ve been told you need a WordPress site? It’s an amazing website platform, with tons of functionality, that will attract more free traffic than a traditional static website. The problem is; many WordPress users don’t know how their sites work or are not technically inclined. They get stuck before they even set it up. Others already have a site but it’s just sitting there because they’re dazed and confused. Some webmasters only speak “Geek,” or charge an arm and a leg just to dot an “i.” That makes it frustrating if all you need is a little help. I give WordPress tutoring lessons to people over 50 so you can learn simple blogging and website skills so you won’t feel like tearing your hair out.
Who is this woman and how can she help you?
I’m Rebecca Olkowski, and I’ve been a voice-over actor and entrepreneur for 35+ years and a blogger since 2008. I’m a Baby Boomer who didn’t graduate from college fluent in HTML code but taught myself how to blog and set up WordPress sites.
Throughout my life, I’ve also learned a great deal about marketing and sales and am a lifetime member and former Club President of CEOSpace.
When I first started blogging, I spent an enormous amount of hours trying to figure it out and made hundreds of mistakes. Through trial and error, I learned how to be successful at it and love to share my knowledge with others in a way that doesn’t make their brains explode. I pride myself on being a patient “hand holder” and gentle guide who empowers my clients to take control of their site. That way you won’t have to spend precious time making mistakes like I did.
My WordPress tutoring services
I do “one on one” virtual WordPress tutoring sessions using an online screen sharing program called Join.me (or Skype) as well as by phone or email. You don’t have to be physically in the same room with me and can learn about your own individual site from the comfort of your own home anywhere in the world. My tutorials are for self-hosted WordPress and not the free WordPress.com or Blogspot platforms. I can also help you set up a WordPress site or you can view my tutorial here.
- adding and formatting pages and posts
- creating and adding to your navigation menu
- installing plugins (there are hundreds of cool ones that will make your website stand out)
- uploading media (photos, audio, videos)
- adding products using Paypal buttons or the WooCommerce shopping cart
- creating landing pages
- basic Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- and much more specific to your project or business. I don’t believe there is a one size fits all when it comes to running a WordPress site.
There are tons of WordPress tutorial videos online but they can be hard to understand. They also do not address your specific needs like I can in private one-on-one sessions.
I charge $50 per hour and invoice using Freshbooks with a Paypal link. Most of the time it only takes an hour or two. My goal is to make sure you know how to use your WordPress site so you have control of it and not your webmaster. I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve seen clients who have been taken advantage of by web designers who either disappear, hack their sites, or are slow to respond.
MY NUMBER ONE TIP – Always own your own domain and hosting account so you have complete access to it if your webmaster does not work out. NEVER host your site on your webmaster’s hosting account. Something could happen to he or she and you would be up the creek without a paddle.
Reasons you may want WordPress Tutoring:
- Your webmaster left you with a blank WordPress website. None of the settings were configured and your links look like scrambled eggs.
- You have no idea how to write a post, create a page or get it to show up in the right place.
- You’ve uploaded images and they’re so big they’re taking over your site like The Blob.
- Your text looks like a gremlin got a hold of it.
- You want to collect names for your email list but have no idea how to install an opt-in box.
- Your Facebook and Twitter icons are sending people to someone else’s account.
- You want to sell products online and actually, collect money for them.
- You want to put videos or audios on your site and don’t know how.
- You have a big sale coming up and your website looks like chop suey.
To learn how to blog or for blogging services, please contact me:
Click below to set up an appointment.
Click Below to Get Started Blogging