There are so many ways to discover new things about ourselves, whether it’s in our DNA or in our subconscious. Below are self-discovery products that include DNA testing, self-improvement, dating, and meditation to make your life better.
Dating and love over 50
- eHarmony – As women over 50, we may sometimes find ourselves single from divorce, widowhood, or by choice. It may not be so easy to find our perfect match. E-Harmony uses 29 dimensions with its patented Compatibility Matching System® to find the match that is best for you.
Self Discovery starts in your head – meditation and consciousness
- The New Gaia.com – Exploring consciousness in every aspect. Truth-seeking, meditation, and more. This is a media channel with over 7,000 exclusive and ad-free videos with membership. Films, documentaries, shorts, and series. Pretty amazing stuff.
- The Chopra Center – Dr. Deepak Chopra and the Chopra Center offers online classes on topics that range from meditation, Ayurveda, and various aspects of self-improvement. Their current program is a 4-Part Healthy Aging Video Series. Or you can become a certified meditation facilitator or health coach.
- Brain Sync – Kelly Howell offers amazing meditation CDs that I’ve used for years. She takes you through visualizations for better sleep, wealth & success, healing, relaxation, attracting love and more. Her voice is soothing and her Brain Wave Audio Technology® puts your mind into higher states such as Alpha for heightened creativity and deep relaxation; Beta for high focus and concentration; Theta for meditation, insight, and memory; Delta for deep sleep and healing; and Gamma to increase cognition and improve IQ.
- Energy Muse – Find healing and vibrational crystals, polished stones, jewelry, to use for meditation and to set intentions. Take their crystal test to find the perfect stones and crystals for you.
Discover your family roots or your dog’s and take a DNA test
- AncestryDNA.com – Discover your family roots. All it requires is a simple saliva home test, you send it in, and your results will tell you what regions of the world your family comes from. It is often surprising and enlightening. What a gift for your entire immediate family! Read my review on discovering your ancestry here.
- 23 and Me – DNA Testing – Get detailed DNA reports for insights into your health, traits, and ancestry. Understand your genetics.
- Wisdom Panel – Find out your dog’s DNA – I did this test on my two dogs and it was amazing. I found out they weren’t exactly what I thought they were. It’s a great test, especially if you have mutts and want to find their heritage for health and other reasons. It’s a simple cheek swab and takes 2-3 weeks to get results.