There are so many ways to discover new things about ourselves, whether it’s in our DNA or in our subconscious. I’ve made a list of my favorite self-discovery products that include DNA testing, self-improvement, dating, meditation, and more to make your life better.
Dating and love over 50
- eHarmony – As women over 50, we may sometimes find ourselves single from divorce, widowhood, or by choice. It not always easy to find our perfect match. Online dating is how it’s done these days, according to my millennial daughter and I know many couples who have had excellent results. E-Harmony uses 29 dimensions with its patented Compatibility Matching System® to find the match that is best for you. If you are looking for your soul mate and are tired of sitting at home, give it a try.
Self Discovery starts in your mind – meditation and consciousness
- The New Gaia.com – This site is extensive and will help you expand your consciousness in every aspect. Truth-seeking, meditation, yoga, and much, much, more. It’s a media channel with over 7,000 exclusive and ad-free videos with a monthly membership. You’ll find films, documentaries, shorts, and series. Pretty amazing stuff.
- The Chopra Center – Dr. Deepak Chopra and the Chopra Center conducts online classes on topics that range from meditation, Ayurveda, and various aspects of self-improvement. Their current program is a 4-Part Healthy Aging Video Series. Or you can become certified as a meditation facilitator or health coach.
- Brain Sync – Kelly Howell offers amazing meditation CDs that I’ve used for years. She has a soothing voice and takes you through visualizations for better sleep, wealth & success, healing, relaxation, attracting love and more. Her Brain Wave Audio Technology® puts your mind into higher states such as Alpha for heightened creativity and deep relaxation; Beta for high focus and concentration; Theta for meditation, insight, and memory; Delta for deep sleep and healing; and Gamma to increase cognition and improve IQ.
- Energy Muse – Find healing and vibrational crystals, polished stones, jewelry, to use for meditation and to set intentions. Take their crystal test to find the perfect stones and crystals for you.
Discover your family roots and take a DNA test
- AncestryDNA.com – I had my DNA tested at Ancestry and it was so interesting finding out where my roots came from. All it requires is a simple saliva home test. Then you mail it back and your results will be sent to you via email. It will tell you what regions of the world your family comes from. There may be some surprises in your lineage you didn’t know about. What a gift for your entire immediate family! Read my review on discovering your ancestry here.
- 23 and Me – DNA Testing – Get detailed DNA reports for insights into your health, traits, and ancestry. Understand your genetics. This site is especially good if you have health concerns that may be related to your genetics. It can help you avoid life-threatening disease simply by being aware that you have certain genes so you can look for symptoms early. It also gives you insight into nutrition options based on the results.
Please share this image on Pinterest