For most of us, our family comes first and our world revolves around those we love. What makes life the most rich are our relationships and connections because they give us love, support, and a reason for being. Getting to know ourselves is just important because each of us lives in one body that goes through a unique experience and it’s different for every single one of us. Self-discovery is the journey deemed from who we are, where we came from and what we have to offer the world.
Dig into your family roots and take a DNA test
Find out where you came from, all the characters from your family’s past, and what countries they were from is absolutely fascinating. It may give you the inspiration to travel there, or you may connect with relatives you never know. In some cases, you may even find out about genetic health issues to look out for. If you haven’t done it I recommend you give it a try.
- AncestryDNA.com – I had my DNA tested at Ancestry and it was so interesting finding out where my roots came from. All it requires is a simple saliva home test. Then you mail it back and your results will be sent to you via email. It will tell you what regions of the world your family comes from. There may be some surprises in your lineage you didn’t know about. What a gift for your entire immediate family!
- 23 and Me – DNA Testing – Get detailed DNA reports for insights into your health, traits, and ancestry. Understand your genetics. This site is especially good if you have health concerns that may be related to your genetics. It can help you avoid life-threatening disease simply by being aware that you have certain genes so you can look for symptoms early. It also gives you insight into nutrition options based on the results.
- The Voice Library has the technology to allow you to record your voice or the voice of someone you love for people to remember after death or to preserve life’s most precious moments. You can also use it for business, to teach others, and for those putting themselves in danger as soldiers or first responders. Very low cost and what an amazing service!
Self-Discovery begins in your mind by getting in touch with your higher self
As Baby Boomers, we’ve been on the planet for at least half a century, but there are still so many ways we can learn more about ourselves and the world around us. We can achieve self-discovery by developing a higher awareness of consciousness that is often both enlightening as well as fascinating.
What we believe in is an individual choice, but no matter what religion you are, there are ways to tap into your psyche to unleash your intuitive mind. We all possess this gift but not everyone gives it a chance to come through. Intuition is our guide to knowing how to maneuver through all of life’s challenges. There are a variety of modalities like meditation, prayer, body awareness, and healing practices that will allow us to explore the vast reaches of our mind and body.
You can find new outlets of self-discovery by browsing the sites below:
- The New Gaia.com – This site is extensive and will help you expand your consciousness in every aspect. Truth-seeking, meditation, yoga, and much, much, more. It’s a media channel with over 7,000 exclusive and ad-free videos with a monthly membership. You’ll find films, documentaries, shorts, and series. Pretty amazing stuff.
- The Chopra Center – Dr. Deepak Chopra and the Chopra Center conducts online classes on topics that range from meditation, Ayurveda, and various aspects of self-improvement. Their current program is a 4-Part Healthy Aging Video Series. Or you can become certified as a meditation facilitator or health coach.
- Energy Muse – Find healing and vibrational crystals, polished stones, jewelry, to use for meditation and to set intentions. Take their crystal test to find the perfect stones and crystals for you.
Dating and love over 50
We all go through transitions as we grow older. Some of us may have lost a spouse or partner through death or divorce and others may have been too busy to ever get around to it. It’s never too late to find a new relationship and it can add so much meaning and fun to your life.
People of all ages are using online sites to find their perfect partner. It may be scary at first but so many have reported amazing results and found their true soul mates. It’s worth it to at least give it a try.
- eHarmony – It not always easy to find our perfect match. Online dating is how it’s done these days, according to my millennial daughter and I know many couples who have had excellent results. E-Harmony uses 29 dimensions with its patented Compatibility Matching System® to find the match that is best for you. If you are looking for your soul mate and are tired of sitting at home, give it a try.
- It’s Just Lunch – If you’re nervous about meeting a stranger in the evening this service arranges lunch meetings. It’s Consumer Affairs highest rated dating service. They do the work for you by clearing your matches, coordinating your schedules, and even make your lunch reservations. This is perfect if you are a working professional. Chemistry happens face to face.
- Senior Match – the perfect and safe online community for the senior citizens and old folks to interact and find exciting romances, warm companionship and more!
Please share this image for self-discovery on Pinterest