In November/December 2014, Doug and I took an extended trip to Italy for 3 weeks. Our first stop was Rome, where we stayed for 4 days before visiting Tuscany, the Amalfi Coast, and then an 11-day cruise of the Mediterranean on the Queen Elizabeth. Below are additional photos of the Eternal City in addition to the ones I wrote about in other blog posts.
The city was everything I expected it to be and much more. And like every great destination, we weren’t able to stay long enough. While we were there we took a food tour, toured the Vatican, saw the Colosseum, the Ancient Forum, went to an opera dinner theater and visited Cinecittà Movie Studios. The Hop on Hop off bus was our main mode of transportation and we did a lot of walking. In between tours we ate and ate and ate but never felt full because the food was so wonderful.
You have to dodge maniacal drivers, avoid hustlers and gypsies in the train station, but it was all worth it. Rome is a magnificent place to visit and one of the most historically-rich cities in the world. Enjoy my photos below and please share them on Pinterest.
To read more about our adventures in Italy click on the following articles:
- What I Learned About Eating in Italy
- My Foodie Vacation in Italy Continues to Tuscany
- Our Italian Itinerary and Recommendations
- Foodie Heaven
- Collecting Doors and Travel Memories
Rome, Italy Travel Photo Gallery
To view the images in this Italy travel photo gallery of Rome FULL SIZE, click on any of the individual images below. Please feel free to share on Pinterest and other sites using the social media buttons.
Book a Trip to Rome
Hotels in Rome
- Booking.com lists the 30 Best Hotels in Rome.
Flights to Rome
- Expedia – Find the most affordable flight to Rome on a search engine you can trust.
Car Rental in Rome
- Sixt offers car rentals worldwide that are affordable and trust-worthy.
Tours in Rome
- Tour Rome – Book a tour on Viator to see the amazing sites of Rome.
If you enjoyed these photos, please share them on Pinterest and follow my boards here.