We took an extended trip to Italy for 3 weeks in November and December. Our first stop was Rome, where we stayed for 4 days before visiting Tuscany, the Amalfi Coast, and then an 11-day cruise of the Mediterranean on the Queen Elizabeth. This is a photo gallery of some of the places we visited in the Eternal City.
The city was everything I expected it to be and much more. And like every great destination, we weren’t able to stay long enough. While we were there we took a food tour, toured the Vatican, saw the Colosseum, the Ancient Forum, went to an opera dinner theater and visited Cinecittà Movie Studios. The Hop on Hop off bus was our main mode of transportation and we did a lot of walking. In between tours we ate and ate and ate but never felt full because the food was so wonderful.
You have to dodge maniacal drivers, avoid hustlers and gypsies in the train station, but it was all worth it. Rome is a magnificent place to visit and one of the most historically rich cities in the world.
To read more in-depth about our adventures in Italy, click on any of the following posts:
- What I Learned About Eating in Italy
- My Foodie Vacation in Italy Continues to Tuscany
- Our Italian Itinerary and Recommendations
- Foodie Heaven
- Collecting Doors and Travel Memories
Rome in photos
Click on any of the images below to view them full-size. Please share any of them you like on social media.
Planning a Trip to Rome
Find a hotel in Rome
- Booking.com – Find a hotel in Rome.
Get a great price on a flight to Rome
- Skyscanner – Find the most affordable flight to Rome on a search engine you can trust.
Rent a car in Rome
- Auto Europe – This site offers the best auto rates in Europe.
Take a tour in Rome
- Tour Rome – Book a tour on Viator to see the amazing sites of Rome.
- Tours by Locals – Find a local guide to take you on a private and personalized tour.
Don’t forget to buy travel insurance!
If you enjoyed these photos, please share them on Pinterest and follow my boards here.