Thank you for your interest in contributing to BabyBoomster.com. I receive many queries from writers who want to submit content. To maintain my site’s integrity, all guest posts must speak specifically to my audience of active women over 50.
I prefer guest posts from other midlife plus bloggers or people I know. If you are working for a content marketing company and are seeking a backlink to a site other than your blog or writer’s website, please DO NOT contact me regarding a guest post.
These are my requirements for guest post authors:
- You are a Baby Boomer or midlife writer (over 50)
- You write specifically for the active “over 50” demographic. (BabyBoomster does not focus on elderly concerns, even though that is an important topic)
- You speak and write in fluent English (Most of my audience is based in the U.S.A. so words like whilst and thus will be changed to reflect an American audience)
- You will provide valuable tips for my readers and not a sales pitch.
If you feel you are qualified, please send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Topics can include travel, wellness, beauty, fashion, entertainment, self-improvement, finance, retirement, reinvention, smart eating, and lifestyle. Please also send links to samples of your work.
Guest Post submissions writer guidelines
I reserve the right to edit your post in any way I see fit for brand consistency, SEO purposes, spelling/grammar, and language. If you have a problem with that, please do not submit a post. I will schedule your post according to my editorial calendar. I also reserve the right to add affiliate and reference links.
If your post is accepted, please send a one-paragraph bio and make sure your headshot and email are connected to your gravatar.com account. That way your headshot will show in the author box. This is standard practice for bloggers. In your bio, you may also link to your blog.
Please submit your post via a Microsoft Word attached to your email. It can be anywhere between – 500 – 2000 words in length. Also, you may attach any images (original or free from Copywrite) that you would like included. This is optional. If you do not have images, I will add them.
As a guest author, you may include ONE do-follow link to relevant content on your blog in the content. However, DO NOT include affiliate links, shopping cart pages, or links to low-authority sites as they will be taken off. You may also insert 1-2 citation links to studies and any internal links to BabyBoomster.com that you deem appropriate.
Your posts must be original and not published anywhere else on the web. I prefer your post to be personal with valuable insights rather than bland and formulaic. Knowledge of basic SEO is expected. Use H2 subheaders to break up large blocks of content to make it easier to read and scan. Do not bold the type in a header.
My staff consists of me, myself, and I. As BabyBoomster.com is my blog, I intersperse guest posts between my own posts to maintain my voice. Sometimes it takes me a couple of weeks to publish a guest post because I also need to edit, add photos, links, etc. Please be patient. You don’t need to send a reminder email and please do not request a deadline.
Once your post has been published it is the property of BabyBoomster.com and will only be removed at my discretion.
In return for posting your content, I would appreciate it if you would share the URL link on social media as I will do the same.
Sponsored Content (advertorials)
I frequently write sponsored posts for brands I believe in to review and advertise their product or service with the disclaimer that all my opinions are my own. (please click here to view my Media Kit) To maintain my integrity, I will need the opportunity to try out the product or service before writing about it. My FEE: starts at $500, depending on your needs, and includes social media shares.
I am also open to accepting a pre-written post or link placement to highlight your brand ONLY IF I believe in your product or service and approve the copy. In exchange, it will be full-width content and ad-free.
- The cost for a full blog post with social media shares for brands starts at $300. Advertorial posts will not be accepted if they are a blatant sales pitch and must contain valuable information and tips that would be of help to my audience. One do-follow brand link may be inserted to relevant content.
- A link insertion starts at $125. It must be approved and be connected to a relevant high authority site with DA of at least 30.
- According to FTC guidelines, a disclaimer must appear on sponsored posts that have been compensated either monetarily or with free product.
Please contact me at email@example.com for questions and details.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Email your topic idea or full-post submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.