Thank you for your interest in writing for BabyBoomster.com. In an effort to maintain the integrity and focus of my site, please read the following guidelines. Do not submit your content unless you can abide by them.
Baby Boomster’s target audience is active Baby Boomer women.
Baby Boomer women were born between 1946 – 1964. That makes them seniors, but Baby Boomster focuses on women who are still very much active and engaged in the world. They travel, love to have fun, and enjoy life. Although elderly concerns are important topics for this demographic, it is not covered on this site.
We prefer that you write specifically about the Baby Boomer demographic
Before submitting a post please view what we are looking for below:
- You are a Baby Boomer or midlife writer (over 50)
- You can provide valuable content that will resonate with active women over 50.”
- You are fluent in English. Note” Our audience is mostly based in the United States.
- You will provide informative tips for our readers. Pitching your company, another company you work for, or linking to a shopping cart is not allowed.
- You have your own blog in a similar niche that you would like to backlink.
If you meet these guidelines, please send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Topics we are interested in include travel, wellness, beauty, fashion, aging well, entertainment, self-improvement, finance, retirement, reinvention, smart eating, and lifestyle that is specifically targeted to active women over 50.
Please do not submit posts if . . . .
- You work for a content marketing firm with the intent of linking to client websites and shopping pages.
- You are twenty-years-old and think you can write for the same demographic as your mother. (unless you have a fun story about your mother)
- You have no idea what Baby Boomster is about or its target audience.
- You are a young guy trying to tell an older woman how to dress, take care of her skin, or deal with menopause. However, if you are a verified fashion designer or expert, you may be considered.
- You think Baby Boomster is about babies. LOL
Guest post writer guidelines
We reserve the right to edit your post in any way deemed appropriate for brand consistency, SEO purposes, spelling/grammar, and language. We will schedule your post according to our editorial calendar so please do not ask for a deadline or send a reminder email. We also reserve the right to add affiliate, reference, and in-site links.
If your post is accepted, please submit a one-two sentence bio and make sure your email and headshot are connected to your free gravatar.com account. That way, your headshot will show up automatically in your author box. This is standard practice for bloggers. You may link to a post or the home page of your personal blog in your bio.
We prefer that you send your submission as a Microsoft Word document. Posts should be approximately 500 – 2000 words in length.
If you have original photos that are free from copyright and available to create sharable images, you may attach them as well. This is optional. If you don’t have images, appropriate images will be added on our end.
Allowable links – PLEASE READ!!!
As a guest post author, you may include ONE do-follow link to relevant content from your personal blog in your content. Links to sites selling drugs, supplements, or gambling are prohibited.
Citation links to relevant studies, valuable tips, and any internal links to BabyBoomster.com are allowed. However, all links are subject to approval.
Post submissions must be original content and not published anywhere else on the web. They should include personal and valuable insights and not be bland or formulaic. Knowledge of basic SEO is expected.
Use H2 headers to break up large blocks of content and make it easier to read and scan. Please do not bold the headers.
Once your post has been published it is the property of BabyBoomster.com and will only be removed at our discretion.
In return for posting your content for free, we would appreciate it if you could share it on your social media profiles as we will be doing the same.
Send your submissions or questions to email@example.com
Sponsored paid posts and advertorials
As the founder of BabyBoomster.com, I occasionally write sponsored posts for brands I believe in to review and advertise a product or service. All sponsored posts will include the disclaimer that all my opinions are my own. If you are interested in having me write a sponsored post for your product or brand, please click here to view my Media Kit)
To maintain the integrity of my review, I will need to try out the product or service before writing about it. My FEE for a sponsored post: starts at $500, depending on what is required on my part, and will include social media shares.
In exchange, all sponsored posts will be full-width content and ad-free.
As per FTC guidelines, links in sponsored posts will be coded “nofollow” or “sponsored.”
Brand written advertorials
- The cost for an advertorial written by a brand with social media shares starts at $300. Advertorial posts will not be accepted if they are a blatant sales pitch and must contain valuable information and tips that will be valuable to Baby Boomster’s audience.
- According to FTC guidelines, a disclaimer MUST APPEAR on sponsored posts that have been compensated either monetarily or with a free product and links MUST BE “no-follow.”
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Email your topic ideas or full-post submission to email@example.com.