Thank you for your interest in contributing to BabyBoomster.com. I receive many queries from writers who want to submit content. To maintain my site’s integrity, all guest posts must first and foremost speak specifically to my audience of active women over 50.
I prefer guest posts from other midlife plus bloggers or people I know. If you are working for a content marketing company seeking a backlink to a site other than your own blog or writer’s website, please DON’T submit a guest post.
These are my requirements for guest post authors:
- You are a Baby Boomer or midlife writer (over 50)
- Or, you write specifically for the active “over 50” demographic. (BabyBoomster does not focus on elderly concerns, even though that is an important topic)
- You speak and write in fluent English (Most of my audience is based in the U.S.A. so words like whilst and thus will be changed to reflect my American audience)
- You will provide valuable tips for my readers and not a sales pitch.
If you feel you’re qualified, please send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. Topics can include travel, wellness, beauty, fashion, aging well, entertainment, self-improvement, finance, retirement, reinvention, smart eating, and lifestyle. Please also send links to samples of your work.
Guest Post submissions writer guidelines
I reserve the right to edit your post in any way I see fit for brand consistency, SEO purposes, spelling/grammar, and language. I will also schedule your post according to my editorial calendar. I reserve the right to add affiliate and reference links.
If your post is accepted, please send a one-two paragraph bio and make sure your headshot and email are connected to your gravatar.com account. That way your headshot will show in your author box. This is standard practice for bloggers. In your bio, you may also link to your blog.
Please submit your post via a Microsoft Word document attached to your email. I prefer posts to be between – 500 – 2000 words in length. Also, if you have original photos that are free from copyright and available to create sharable images, you may attach them as well. This is optional. If you don’t have images, I will find images that are appropriate.
Allowable links – PLEASE READ!!!
As a guest author, you may include ONE do-follow link to relevant content from your personal blog or website in the content. DO NOT include affiliate links, shopping pages, or links to low-authority sites as they will be taken off. You may also insert citation links to valuable information, studies, or tips and any internal links to BabyBoomster.com that you deem appropriate. (all links are subject to my approval)
Your posts must be original and not published anywhere else on the web. I prefer posts to be personal with valuable insights rather than bland and formulaic. Knowledge of basic SEO is expected. Use H2 subheaders to break up large blocks of content to make it easier to read and scan. Do not bold the headers.
My staff consists of me, myself, and I. I occasionally intersperse guest posts between my own posts to maintain my voice. Sometimes it takes me a couple of weeks to publish a guest post because I need to edit, add photos, links, etc. Please be patient. You don’t need to send a reminder email and please do not request a deadline.
Once your post has been published it is the property of BabyBoomster.com and will only be removed at my discretion.
In return for posting your content, I would appreciate it if you would share the URL link on social media as I will do the same.
Sponsored Content (advertorials)
I write sponsored posts for brands I believe in to review and advertise a product or service with the disclaimer that all my opinions are my own. (please click here to view my Media Kit) To maintain the integrity of my review, I will need the opportunity to try out the product or service before writing about it. My FEE for a sponsored post: starts at a minimum of $500, depending on what is required on my part, and includes social media shares.
I will occasionally publish a pre-written post or link placement to highlight a brand ONLY IF I BELIEVE IN YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE and approve the copy. In exchange, it will be full-width content and ad-free.
- The cost for a full blog post with social media shares written by a brand starts at $300. Advertorial posts will not be accepted if they are a blatant sales pitch and must contain valuable information and tips that would be of help to my audience. All sponsored brand posts will contain NOFOLLOW links to the brand’s website in accordance with FTC guidelines.
- A link insertion starts at $125. It must be approved and be relevant to a post and connected to an authority site with a DA of at least 30.
- According to FTC guidelines, a disclaimer MUST APPEAR on sponsored posts that have been compensated either monetarily or with free product.
Please contact me at email@example.com for and questions and details.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Email your topic idea or full-post submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.