In an effort to maintain the integrity and vision of this site, I’ve updated my writer’s guidelines for guest posts on this site. Guest posts have added much value to BabyBoomster.com but I’ve become inundated with people sending me generic form letter pitches who have no idea what my site is about. I’ve also had to reject submissions because they were badly written or the use of English was iffy.
You MAY submit a guest post if:
- You are a Baby Boomer or midlife writer (over 50)
- You write specifically for the “active women over 50 demographic.” (BabyBoomster does not focus on elderly concerns, even though it’s an important niche.)
- You speak and write fluently in English (Just FYI: My audience is mostly U.S. based so DO NOT use words like whilst, hence, or thus as they will be edited to more American phrasing.)
- You are providing valuable tips for my readers and not pitching your company, another company you work for, or linking to a shopping cart.
- You have your own blog in a similar niche that you are seeking to backlink.
If you meet these guidelines, please send your submission to [email protected] Topics can include travel, wellness, beauty, fashion, aging well, entertainment, self-improvement, finance, retirement, reinvention, smart eating, and lifestyle specifically targeted to active women over 50. Please also send links to samples of your work.
Your submission may be rejected if:
- You are working for a content marketing firm with the express purpose of inserting links for sketchy websites outside of your own blog. Example: they go to shopping sites, references outside the USA, or low authority sites.
- You are twenty-years-old and think you can write for the same demographic as your mother. (unless you have a fun story about your mother)
- You have no idea what Baby Boomster is about or its target audience.
- You are a young guy trying to tell an older woman how to dress, take care of your skin, or how to deal with menopause. However, if you are a verified fashion designer or expert, you may be considered.
Guest post writer guidelines
I reserve the right to edit your post in any way I see fit for brand consistency, SEO purposes, spelling/grammar, and language. I will also schedule your post according to my editorial calendar – please do not ask for a deadline. I reserve the right to add affiliate and reference links.
If your post is accepted, please send a one-two paragraph bio and make sure your email and headshot is connected to your gravatar.com account. That way your headshot will show in your author box. This is standard practice for bloggers. I will need the email address that is associated with gravatar and not your gravatar profile link. In your bio, you may link to your personal blog.
Please submit your post attached as a Microsoft Word document. I prefer posts to be between – 500 – 2000 words in length. If you have original photos that are free from copyright and available to create sharable images, you may attach them as well. This is optional. If you don’t have images, I will find images that are appropriate.
Allowable links – PLEASE READ!!!
As a guest post author, you may include ONE do-follow link to relevant content from your personal blog in the content. DO NOT include affiliate links, shopping pages, or links to low-authority sites or they will be taken off. That includes links to drugs, supplements, and gambling sites. You are encouraged to insert citation links to relevant studies, valuable tips, and any internal links to BabyBoomster.com that you deem appropriate. (all links are subject to my approval)
Your posts must be original and not published anywhere else on the web. I prefer posts to be personal with valuable insights rather than bland and formulaic. Knowledge of basic SEO is expected. Use H2 subheaders to break up large blocks of content to make it easier to read and scan. Do not bold the headers.
My staff consists of me, myself, and I. I occasionally intersperse guest posts between my own posts to maintain my voice on BabyBoomster.com. It may take me a couple of weeks to publish a guest post because I need to edit, add photos, links, etc. Please be patient. You may send a reminder email but DO NOT insist on a deadline.
Once your post has been published it is the property of BabyBoomster.com and will only be removed at my discretion.
In return for posting your content, please share the URL link on your social media profiles as I will do the same.
Sponsored content (advertorials)
I write sponsored posts for brands I believe in to review and advertise a product or service with the disclaimer that all my opinions are my own. (please click here to view my Media Kit) To maintain the integrity of my review, I will need the opportunity to try out the product or service before writing about it. My FEE for a sponsored post: starts at a minimum of $500, depending on what is required on my part, and includes social media shares.
I will occasionally publish a pre-written post or link placement to highlight a brand ONLY IF I BELIEVE IN YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE and approve the copy. In exchange, it will be full-width content and ad-free.
All sponsored brand posts will contain NOFOLLOW links to the brand’s website in accordance with FTC guidelines but you can insert tracking links if you like.
- The cost for a full blog post with social media shares written by a brand starts at $300. Advertorial posts will not be accepted if they are a blatant sales pitch and must contain valuable information and tips that would be of help to my audience.
- A link insertion to another website starts at $125. It must be approved and be relevant to a post and connected to an authority site with a DA of at least 30. No drug companies, supplement companies, gambling companies, shopping carts, or anything shady.
- According to FTC guidelines, a disclaimer MUST APPEAR on sponsored posts that have been compensated either monetarily or with a free product.
Please contact me at [email protected] if you have any questions.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Email your topic ideas or full-post submission to [email protected].