The recipe featured below is a zesty and nutritious Greek summer salad that can be served by itself or as an accompaniment to a meal. It takes only minutes to put together. It’s also hydrating because it contains cucumbers and tomatoes. They both have anti-aging properties that help keep your skin young-looking.
- 2 large tomatoes cored and chopped
- 2 Persian Cucumbers chopped
- 4 Scallions chopped
- ¼ cup Canned Garbanzo beans
- ¼ cup Feta Cheese Crumbled
- 1 Tbsp Basil fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Mint fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon squeezed
- ¼ Tsp stone ground mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the tomatoes, cucumbers, scallions, Garbanzo beans, Feta, basil, mint in a large salad bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. pour over the salad and toss.
Use homegrown vine-ripened tomatoes if you have some in your garden or if they’re available locally. I also like to use Persian cucumbers because they’re small, tender and you don’t have to peel them. Authentic Greek Feta is made with sheep’s milk or a combination of sheep and goat milk and is more easily digestible than cow’s milk.
Lycopene is found in red fruits including:
- Pink Grapefruits
- Pink Guava
This is a refreshing salad that’s perfect when the weather is hot. It will not only make you feel good but it may stir up dreams of sitting on an island in Greece.
When was the last time you danced like a Greek? Please leave a comment below.