The recipe featured below is a zesty and nutritious Greek summer salad that can be served by itself or as an accompaniment to a meal. It takes only minutes to put together. It’s also hydrating because it contains cucumbers and tomatoes. They both have anti-aging properties that help keep your skin young looking.
- 2 large tomatoes cored and chopped
- 2 Persian Cucumbers chopped
- 4 Scallions chopped
- ¼ cup Canned Garbanzo beans
- ¼ cup Feta Cheese Crumbled
- 1 Tbsp Basil fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Mint fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon squeezed
- ¼ Tsp stone ground mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the tomatoes, cucumbers, scallions, Garbanzo beans, Feta, basil, mint in a large salad bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. pour over the salad and toss.
Lycopene is found in red fruits including:
- Pink Grapefruits
- Pink Guava
When was the last time you danced like a Greek? Please leave a comment below and share.