If you love food as I do, you know that a gift of food is a gift of love. We all need to eat, and some of us like to eat more than others, like me! That’s why I wanted to put together a list of food delivery and culinary gift services for foodies you can order online. If you’re like me, I always get excited when I get a box or basket filled with edible goodies. It’s always a treat.
I’ve also included smart eating food items, kitchen gadgets, and other culinary related items true foodies will love.
Healthy Food Delivery Companies
Not everyone likes to go through the trouble of buying, chopping and preparing a meal or it may be a big hassle to pick up groceries at the store. The companies below offer home food delivery of healthy fresh meals and groceries. (During the current COVID-19 crisis, you may want to avoid the grocery store and have your meals shipped to you instead.)
- BistroMD – Healthy frozen food delivery service designed for weight loss. Choose from Standard, Heart Healthy, Gluten-Free, Diabetic, and Menopause. Low in sodium and perfectly proportioned. Doctor designed program. You can get a 10% discount with AARP with no minimum required. Free shipping on orders over $99. The food is delicious and reasonably priced. It ships via 2-day FedEx.
- Magic Kitchen – Order freshly prepared meals delivered to your door! Magic Kitchen’s healthy, delicious frozen meals are quick to prepare & ideal for seniors and busy families. Get 15% Off Sitewide with code BOOMSTER15
- Home Chef – This company puts together healthy meal kits that you assemble and cook them yourself. They offer 38 different meals every week including oven-ready, no-prep no clean-up options, and new grill packs. Some features steak, chicken, pork, fish, vegetarian and other choices. Then, they will send you a box of pre-portioned ingredients with recipe cards that correspond. Each meal is packed in ice and ready to stick in your freezer until you are ready. You receive a new food box delivery each week. Ingredients are fresh and sourced from trusted suppliers and meals take approximately 30 minutes from start to finish.
Grocery Store Delivery Service
- Thrive Market – Food delivery, beauty, health, home products, pet supplies, and more when you become a Thrive Market member. All top premium healthy and organic non-GMO sold at wholesale prices and shipped directly to your door. Get up to $20 in shopping credit when you purchase a Thrive Market Membership! (1 year and 1-month memberships available)
Restaurant meal delivery straight to your door
- Restaurants.com – Best site to find discounts or your local restaurants. As Baby Boomers, discounts on meals is a smart way to save money. You can also buy gift certificates for those you appreciate and enjoy.
- Grubhub – Since the beginning of the pandemic I have been using this service and it’s always been outstanding for at-home food delivery. The drivers have always shown up on time with the correct order and have respected contact-free delivery. It makes it easy for me to support my neighborhood’s local restaurants without having to go pick it up myself. There’s a delivery fee but it’s worth it to me to stay safe and keep our businesses thriving.
Favorite culinary gift services for foodies
These include indulgent gifts like wine, chocolate, and other treats that you can send to loved ones, friends, and colleagues or even yourself. I know you’ll love these fabulous gifts for foodies.
- Hale Groves – Select beautiful citrus fruits and baskets from Florida’s Indian River region. Order gifts for foodies to give during the holidays and special occasions, gourmet gifts, and monthly fruit deliveries.
- Monthly Clubs -Join your favorite food club for a monthly shipment and gift-giving. You can choose from wine, chocolate and even cigars with collections delivered monthly.
- ZChocolat.com – Good chocolate is essential, right? This company is French and offers beautiful luxury chocolate gifts and gift baskets. zChocolat products are 100% made in France and are created and produced in the city of Troyes located in the Champagne region by World Champion Chocolatier Pascal Caffet, who is a world champion chocolatier. These chocolates are truly the most delicious gifts you can present to that special person on their special day. Each piece is made in the French tradition – high cocoa content, low sugar and 100% pure cocoa butter. What could be better? Now available – Vegan chocolate.
- DI Bruno Gourmet Cheeses & Meats – From cured meats to stinky (but delicious) cheese, Di Bruno Bros offers an array of culinary gifts and club memberships. Coffee, sweets, oils, vinegar, cocktail supplies and more. Bacon lovers will love their Things to do with Bacon.
- Wicked Good Cupcakes – Featured on Shark Tank, Wicked Good Cupcakes were developed by a mother/daughter team. They offer cupcakes that arrive fresh and intact because they come in a jar. It’s a perfect gift for someone who has a sweet tooth. They also sell Jennie Garth Pies (in jars) and have all sorts of fabulous gifts including yummy birthday boxes and party packs.
Relaxing teas and coffee
In addition to food delivery, it’s nice to have something to drink like soothing or energizing teas, wine, and spirits.
The ritual of drinking tea helps you to relax and is amazing for boosting your immunity. A collection of tea also makes a wonderful gift for tea drinkers who appreciate it. Tea contains numerous antioxidants and other health benefits so make sure you have a soothing cup every day for good health.
- Art of Tea – This wonderful tea company is Los Angeles-based and sells a wide variety of organic teas and gifts for foodies who love tea. Their tea blends are outstanding. They also offer beautifully packaged gifts and samplers. Enjoy the health benefits of drinking organic fair-trade tea.
- Purity Coffee – Purity Coffee was founded upon the goal to create the world’s healthiest coffee. Our strict process results in a clean, delicious coffee which is high in antioxidants, while at the same time testing free of toxins, mold and other contaminants.
Wine and spirits
Mama needs her glass of wine, right? The companies below sell wines you can’t get anywhere else. They offer wine clubs, bottles of wine to send as gifts, and wine accessories.
- The California Wine Club – has been delivering quality wines from small family wineries for more than 25 years. Each artisan wine is hand-selected and backed by a 100% guarantee. The California Wine Club delivers to thousands of members across the country every month, none of whom pay a membership fee. Members have access to personal wine consultants and have the opportunity to learn the rich stories of the wineries, located in the Pacific Northwest and internationally. With five Wine of the Month club levels from which to choose, members enjoy delicious discoveries. Most members have been with The California Wine Club for more than seven years.
- Wine Awesomeness – Order a monthly box of curated wines handpicked from all over the world. This company tracks select wines that you don’t necessarily find in stores so each month you receive a surprise. Each box is packaged with a theme and comes with stories about each wine and recipes to pair with each bottle. You can choose to have reds, wines, or a combination.
Eat smart for good health
I’m a huge promoter of eating real food because it helps us enhance our quality of life and our longevity. My philosophy is to eat smart – That means to consume food that’s “clean” and not filled with junk. If you simply avoid packaged, processed and chemically enhanced food you will be ahead of the game. Even some items sold at health food stores are suspicious. Always read the labels.
Being a food lover who hates to be deprived, I created a food pyramid for health-conscious Baby Boomers who want to stay well, live long, and look better as they age.
Smart eating doesn’t mean you have to cut out nutritious food groups. Eating is something to be enjoyed.
Superfoods and edibles for health and longevity
The resources below sell superfoods that will protect your heart, increase your energy and keep you healthy for life.
- The Maca Team – Get the highest quality Peruvian Maca root powder from a family-run company that cares. All their products are organic, free trade, and non-GMO. Maca root helps to improve your hormonal, physical, and emotional state every day. Read my review and find a delicious smoothie recipe here
- Vital Choice – The best seafood is always fresh out of the sea but you can also have flash-frozen organic seafood delivered straight to your door. Wild seafood, particularly salmon is an excellent source of Omega 3 fatty acids. If you don’t live near the ocean and want high-quality seafood, this site is awesome.
Instead of mindlessly munching whenever you have a snack attack, be more careful about what you munch on during the day, Here are 12 examples of the best snack foods to eat.
- Eat Me Guilt Free is a woman-owned company. Cristie Besu is a registered nurse and nutritionist. She was concerned with some of her client’s cravings for sweets and wanted to create a product that would be nutritious but still satisfy their cravings. Each product has added protein and is low in carbs. The cookies, protein, and tortilla wraps are vegan and the brownies are vegetarian. You can order all the products online or at a Vitamin Shoppe location near you. I especially liked the tortilla wraps and bread. Just smear a little avocado or your favorite sandwich filling and you’re good to go Guilt-Free.
Use the code BABYB if you purchase Eat Me Guilt Free – 20% off first purchase, case sensitive. Not applicable to subscriptions or bundles.
- Kind Snacks – It’s always a good idea to carry a healthy snack around with you as you go about your day to keep your blood sugar at bay. Kind Snacks are made with pure ingredients like whole nuts, whole grains, and a variety of fruits and spices that will give you a lift when you need it. Read my review here.
Water is life
If you’re a food lover you probably also love kitchenware and gadgets. I know I do. They make great gifts for foodies who enjoy them as well.
- Brita LongLast Pitcher – Los Angeles has awful tasting water but I don’t want to spend a huge amount of money on a water filter system. I’ve always loved my Brita pitcher because my water always tastes fine after it’s filtered. I prefer Brita over Zero because it is better tasting. My LongLast filter has been wonderful and has a light on top that will tell me when it’s time to replace it.
- Soda Stream – Enjoy fresh sparkling water at home in just a few seconds with SodaStream. No more lugging big bottles of water back from the store or dragging them to the recycling bin. SodaStream lets you make fresh, sparkling water as often as you like.
And then there are kitchen gadgets
The gadgets below are some of my favorite kitchen possessions.
- Garlic Rocker Crusher Mincer – I bought one of these and it’s my favorite tool. It makes it super easy to crush garlic cloves.
- Bed, Bath and Beyond – If you are looking for kitchen tools and gadgets, Bed, Bath and Beyond is my favorite store to find what you are looking for or gifts for foodies. This Rosle Can Opener is my absolute fave. Once you figure out how it works it opens cans perfectly without any sharp edges. It just pops off.
Please share this image on Pinterest