If you love food as I do, you know that a gift of food is a gift of love. We all need to eat, and some of us like to eat more than others, like me! That’s why I wanted to put together a list of food delivery and culinary gift services for foodies you can order online. If you’re like me, I always get excited when I get a box or basket filled with edible goodies. It’s always a treat.
I’ve also included smart eating food items, kitchen gadgets, and other culinary related items true foodies will love.
Healthy Food Delivery Services
Not everyone likes to go through the trouble of buying, chopping and preparing a meal or it may be a big hassle to pick up groceries at the store. The companies below offer home food delivery of healthy fresh meals and groceries. (During the current COVID-19 crisis, you may want to avoid the grocery store and have your meals shipped to you instead.)
- BistroMD – Healthy frozen food delivery service designed for weight loss. Choose from Standard, Heart Healthy, Gluten-Free, Diabetic, and Menopause. Low in sodium and perfectly proportioned. Doctor designed program. You can get a 10% discount with AARP with no minimum required. Free shipping on orders over $99. The food is delicious and reasonably priced. It ships via 2-day FedEx.
- Magic Kitchen – Order freshly prepared meals delivered to your door! Magic Kitchen’s healthy, delicious frozen meals are quick to prepare & ideal for seniors and busy families. Get 15% Off Sitewide with code BOOMSTER15
- Home Chef – This company puts together healthy meal kits that you assemble and cook them yourself. They offer 38 different meals every week including oven-ready, no-prep no clean-up options, and new grill packs. Some features steak, chicken, pork, fish, vegetarian and other choices. Then, they will send you a box of pre-portioned ingredients with recipe cards that correspond. Each meal is packed in ice and ready to stick in your freezer until you are ready. You receive a new food box delivery each week. Ingredients are fresh and sourced from trusted suppliers and meals take approximately 30 minutes from start to finish.
Grocery Store Delivery Service
- Thrive Market – Food delivery, beauty, health, home products, pet supplies, and more when you become a Thrive Market member. All top premium healthy and organic non-GMO sold at wholesale prices and shipped directly to your door. Get up to $20 in shopping credit when you purchase a Thrive Market Membership! (1 year and 1-month memberships available)
- Amazon Prime – Get Amazon Fresh or Whole Foods delivered to your doorstep when you have Amazon Prime.
- Shipt – Get groceries and household essentials delivered to your door. A shopper in your area will go out and find everything you need without you having to get in your car and battle crowds.
Restaurant meal delivery straight to your door
- Restaurants.com – Best site to find discounts or your local restaurants. As Baby Boomers, discounts on meals is a smart way to save money. You can also buy gift certificates for those you appreciate and enjoy.
- Grubhub – I use this service every chance I get and it’s always been outstanding for at-home food delivery. The drivers have always shown up on time with the correct order and have respected contact-free delivery. It makes it easy for me to support my neighborhood’s local restaurants without having to go pick up my order myself. There’s a delivery fee but it’s worth it to me to stay safe and keep our businesses thriving.
These include indulgent gifts like wine, chocolate, and other treats that you can send to loved ones, friends, and colleagues or even yourself. I know you’ll love these fabulous gifts for foodies.
- ZChocolat.com – Good chocolate is essential, right? This company is French and offers beautiful luxury chocolate gifts and gift baskets. zChocolat products are 100% made in France and are created and produced in the city of Troyes located in the Champagne region by World Champion Chocolatier Pascal Caffet, who is a world champion chocolatier. These chocolates are truly the most delicious gifts you can present to that special person on their special day. Each piece is made in the French tradition – high cocoa content, low sugar and 100% pure cocoa butter. What could be better? Now available – Vegan chocolate.
Relaxing teas and coffee
In addition to food delivery, it’s nice to have something to drink like soothing or energizing teas, wine, and spirits.
The ritual of drinking tea helps you to relax and is amazing for boosting your immunity. A collection of tea also makes a wonderful gift for tea drinkers who appreciate it. Tea contains numerous antioxidants and other health benefits so make sure you have a soothing cup every day for good health.
- Art of Tea – This wonderful tea company is Los Angeles-based and sells a wide variety of organic teas and gifts for foodies who love tea. Their tea blends are outstanding. They also offer beautifully packaged gifts and samplers. Enjoy the health benefits of drinking organic fair-trade tea.
And, for coffee lovers, these companies will serve all your coffee needs.
- 1st in Coffee – This company offers you the best coffee experience with excellent coffee, grinders, and amazing coffee machines of every variety. It’s a one-stop-shop for everything coffee.
- Purity Coffee – Purity Coffee was founded upon the goal to create the world’s healthiest coffee. Our strict process results in a clean, delicious coffee that is high in antioxidants, while at the same time testing free of toxins, mold, and other contaminants.
Wine and spirits
Mama needs her glass of wine, right? The companies below sell wines you can’t get anywhere else. They offer wine clubs, bottles of wine to send as gifts, and wine accessories.
- The California Wine Club – has been delivering quality wines from small family wineries for more than 25 years. Each artisan wine is hand-selected and backed by a 100% guarantee. The California Wine Club delivers to thousands of members across the country every month, none of whom pay a membership fee. Members have access to personal wine consultants and have the opportunity to learn the rich stories of the wineries, located in the Pacific Northwest and internationally. With five Wine of the Month club levels from which to choose, members enjoy delicious discoveries. Most members have been with The California Wine Club for more than seven years.
Eat smart for good health
I’m a huge promoter of eating real food because it helps us enhance our quality of life and our longevity. My philosophy is to eat smart – That means to consume food that’s “clean” and not filled with junk. If you simply avoid packaged, processed and chemically enhanced food you will be ahead of the game. Even some items sold at health food stores are suspicious. Always read the labels.
Being a food lover who hates to be deprived, I created a food pyramid for health-conscious Baby Boomers who want to stay well, live long, and look better as they age.
Smart eating doesn’t mean you have to cut out nutritious food groups. Eating is something to be enjoyed.
Superfoods and edibles for health and longevity
The resources below sell superfoods that will protect your heart, increase your energy and keep you healthy for life.
- The Maca Team – Get the highest quality Peruvian Maca root powder from a family-run company that cares. All their products are organic, free trade, and non-GMO. Maca root helps to improve your hormonal, physical, and emotional state every day. Read my review and find a delicious smoothie recipe here
- Vital Choice – The best seafood is always fresh out of the sea but you can also have flash-frozen organic seafood delivered straight to your door. Wild seafood, particularly salmon is an excellent source of Omega 3 fatty acids. If you don’t live near the ocean and want high-quality seafood, this site is awesome.
- Renude Chagaccino – Boost your coffee or favorite beverage with this amazing mushroom adaptogen mix. It helps boost your immunity, relieves stress, gives you more energy and endurance, improves cognitive function, balances gut health, and is anti-aging. All you do is mix it in and enjoy. Read about its health benefits here.
Instead of mindlessly munching whenever you have a snack attack, be more careful about what you munch on during the day, Here are 12 examples of the best snack foods to eat.
- Kind Snacks – It’s always a good idea to carry a healthy snack around with you as you go about your day to keep your blood sugar at bay. Kind Snacks are made with pure ingredients like whole nuts, whole grains, and a variety of fruits and spices that will give you a lift when you need it. Read my review here.
Create your own cookbook
Do you have family favorite recipes? Create your own printed recipe book here.
Water is life
If you’re a food lover you probably also love kitchenware and gadgets. I know I do. They make great gifts for foodies who enjoy them as well.
- Brita LongLast Pitcher – Los Angeles has awful tasting water but I don’t want to spend a huge amount of money on a water filter system. I’ve always loved my Brita pitcher because my water always tastes fine after it’s filtered. I prefer Brita over Zero because it is better tasting. My LongLast filter has been wonderful and has a light on top that will tell me when it’s time to replace it.
And then there are favorite kitchen gadgets
The gadgets below are kitchen tools I can’t live without.
- Garlic Rocker Crusher Mincer – I bought one of these and it’s my favorite tool for crushing garlic. Just roll it over the clove.
- Bed, Bath and Beyond – If you are looking for kitchen tools and gadgets, Bed, Bath and Beyond is my favorite store to find what you are looking for or gifts for foodies. This Rosle Can Opener is my absolute fave. Once you figure out how it works it opens cans perfectly without any sharp edges and it has a grabber to pop the lid off.
Please share this image on Pinterest