Just because we’re Baby Boomers doesn’t mean we’re stuck in the dark ages. Many of us are active online and use the Internet and other technology daily. We may be working online to make retirement income, searching for information, or using it for simple enjoyment. That’s why I’ve put together a list of my favorite electronics and technology products whether you are a blogger like myself, an online entrepreneur, or you’re tech savvy.
- FreshBooks Cloud Accounting – Free Trial – A convenient service for online invoicing and accounting – Easily and professionally send an invoice to a client. It creates branded invoice forms and links to pay buttons so you can get paid immediately. Clients can also choose the option to pay by check. It’s easy to see your account activity you can also track all your business expenses.
Technology products for Blogging
I’ve been helping other Baby Boomers blog and set up WordPress sites since 2008. It’s surprising how many midlife and beyond women are conducting successful businesses using a blog. Below are services I recommend to make your blogging experience more effective. For a more extensive list of blogging resources, click here.
- Bluehost for website hosting – I’ve been using Bluehost since I started blogging and it’s one of the most simple platforms to use to get started online. This site is hosted on it. Their customer service is in the U.S. and is excellent. Anytime I have a problem, I give them a call and they fix it immediately. I haven’t been disappointed yet. They offer excellent services and affordable options.
StudioPress for WordPress themes – There are thousands of WordPress themes in the Blogosphere but not all of them are coded well or are too difficult to handle for a novice. StudioPress themes, run on the Genesis Framework, are excellent and are constantly updated to work with new technology. I never use anything else if I can help it.
- Canon PowerShot SX540 – I’ve been using a Canon Powershot camera for several years now. I love it because it has an awesome zoom lens, is light enough to carry around when I’m traveling and is affordable. Canon always makes great cameras. You can go more high-end with a larger camera like the Canon Rebel, with more bells and whistles, but I like that the SX540 is the perfect solution, and easy to use for those of us who aren’t professional photographers.
- GoPro – If you lead an active lifestyle and want to create videos with lots of action, the GoPro will do it for you. Attach it to a drone, on your helmet, or take it skydiving. It will take your videos to a whole new level.
Create Videos and Audio
- Techsmith – I love using Camtasia to create videos and it’s improved so much through the years. You can add titles, transitions, annotations, audio and so much more. The best part is that you can send it straight to YouTube or Vimeo as soon as you’re done. They let you take a free trial before you purchase to see if you like it. I also use Snagit to do screenshots and quick recordings. You can edit your photos, add text, shapes, callouts, resize, overlays, you name it. I don’t know what I would do without either of them.
- Roland R-05 Studio WAVE/MP3 Recorder – For on the go recording of audio. As a professional voice actor, I recommend the Roland R-05 to create podcasts on-the-go, or just simply to get great quality when you record a lecture, tour, or meeting. The files download as an MP3 or Wave file and it has a built-in and powerful condenser microphone.
- Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone, Black – This is what I use to record my voice-over auditions, and to do podcast interviews. It’s affordable and gives great sound quality.
Phone and Internet
- Verizon Fios – If you are in an area that can get Fios Internet, TV, and Phone service from Verizon, you are lucky. It’s the best around. I highly recommend it.
Reading and listening to books
- Audiobooks – Listen to over 100,000 audiobooks for a low monthly fee. It’s sort of like the book clubs we joined when we were young except that you can listen to books on your smartphone or tablet.
- Kindle Oasis E-Reader – Graphite, 7″ High-Resolution Display (300 ppi), Waterproof, Built-In Audible, 8 GB, Wi-Fi – Includes Special Offers.
Other cool stuff
- Phone Tripod, UBeesize Portable – Use it to hold your cell phone or GoPro for selfies.
Please share this image on Pinterest