I love cold soups, especially on a hot day, and this Creamy Greek Yogurt and Vegetable cold soup is refreshing as well as nutritious. Make sure to use a brand of plain Greek yogurt that contains strains of Lactobacillus acidophilus such as Fage, one of my personal favorites. This will give you the probiotic benefits of the yogurt.
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp dry dill weed or 1 tbsp fresh
- 4 cups of tomato juice
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sweet red or green pepper chopped
- several mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Combine all the above ingredient and chill for several hours.
- Serve in chilled bowls with a tiny bit of dill sprinkled on top of each bowl.
Probiotics help to control the flora and fauna in your body and keep it in balance. The lactobacillus acidophilus, contained in yogurt is a beneficial bacteria that will help to improve your digestion, help prevent stomach ailments, and even help with respiratory infections. Mixed with tomato, vegetables and flavored with dill, garlic, and honey, this soup provides anti-oxidants and immune system protection.
Do you eat yogurt for its probiotic benefits? Please leave a comment below and let us know.