As Baby Boomer women over 50, we are concerned with issue specific to our age. To make my posts easier to find, I’ve divided them up into topics. All you have to do is click the links below and they will bring you to posts in that category.
- Career – Reinvention – Retirement – Just because some of us are retired doesn’t mean we have to sit around twiddling our thumbs. Baby Boomer women, in particular, are reinventing themselves in various post-retirement careers as a means of fulfillment, creativity, and to assure ourselves of financial security.
- Caregiving – Grief – It’s almost impossible to get through 6 + decades of life without having to care for a loved one or to experience some type of grief. As women, we are often the ones who are charged with dealing with it.
- Headlines – Although I try to avoid getting political in this divisive political environment, sometimes it can’t be helped. For me, it’s better to say something rather than stick my head in the sand. As a blogger, it’s important to have an opinion and not be sanitized.
- Home and Garden – We all have to live somewhere. Many Baby Boomer women have downsized as our children leave home, including me. But it’s still fun to decorate, organize and be comfortable in our environment.
- Nostalgia – I think it’s fun to look back at our colorful past, from Captain Kangaroo to mini-skirts. Growing up in the 60’s and 70’s was a wild and fabulous time. It was also a time of tragedy and loss. We will always remember.
- Pets – What would we do without our trusty pets? I have 2 little dogs who I am madly in love with.
- Safety – “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up” is getting more real every day. How to stay safe and healthy so we can live long and prosper.
- Self Discovery – Where did we come from? What are our roots? What is happening inside our head? There is so much to discover about ourselves.
- Self Improvement – There are always ways to improve ourselves and our lives in a positive way.
- Senior Perks – Yippee! Even though we don’t always want to think of ourselves as seniors, (I don’t) there are certain perks that we can enjoy! Hey! Why not?
- Sex and Relationships – We aren’t done yet. We were the generation of love and just because we’re older doesn’t mean we have to stop enjoying sex and good relationships.
- Favorite Books for Baby Boomers – As a blogger, I met many authors, many of whom are over 50. We have a vast life experience to share. This page lists some of my favorite books written by midlife and beyond authors.
- Product Reviews – Often I get the chance to review products and services. Please click to see what I’ve tried and recommend.