As Baby Boomer women over 50, we’re concerned with issues specific to our age but we’re living a more engaging lifestyle than generations before. Some of us are still working, own businesses or are enjoying retirement. Others are active in the community and making a difference in society. We’re not ready to kick back and be put out to pasture.
We’re also dealing with life’s challenges. You can’t live 50 + years without having to deal with obstacles and if you say you haven’t you’re probably lying. It’s all part of life and how we grow as human beings. It’s how we react to them that matters.
This is a directory of posts that focus on lifestyle topics. They’re divided into categories. If you have a particular interest you’d like to read about all you have to do is click the link of the topic below and you’ll be directed to posts that were written on that topic.
Topics for Baby Boomer Women
- Books – Posts about books written by or for women over 50 – and my list of Best Books for Baby Boomers Written by Midlife Plus Authors
- Career – Reinvention – Retirement – Just because some of us are retired doesn’t mean we have to sit around twiddling our thumbs. Baby Boomer women, in particular, are reinventing themselves in various post-retirement careers as a means of fulfillment, creativity, and to assure ourselves of financial security.
- Caregiving – Grief – It’s almost impossible to get through 6 + decades of life without having to care for a loved one or to experience some type of grief. As women, we are often the ones who are charged with dealing with it.
- Finance – Although I don’t often write about finance, it’s something every Baby Boomer should know about to have the best retirement possible. Occasionally, I’ll have an expert guest poster weight in.
- Headlines – Although I try to avoid getting political in this divisive political environment, sometimes it can’t be helped. For me, it’s better to say something rather than stick my head in the sand. As a blogger, it’s important to have an opinion and not be sanitized.
- Home and Garden – We all have to live somewhere. Many Baby Boomer women have downsized as our children leave home, including me. But it’s still fun to decorate, organize and be comfortable in our environment.
- Nostalgia – I think it’s fun to look back at our colorful past, from Captain Kangaroo to mini-skirts. Growing up in the 60’s and 70’s was a wild and fabulous time. It was also a time of tragedy and loss. We will always remember.
- Pets – What would we do without our trusty pets? I have 2 little dogs who I am madly in love with.
- Safety – “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up” is getting more real every day. How to stay safe and healthy so we can live long and prosper.
- Self Discovery – Where did we come from? What are our roots? What is happening inside our head? There is so much to discover about ourselves.
- Self Improvement – There are always ways to improve ourselves and our lives in a positive way.
- Senior Perks – Yippee! Even though we don’t always want to think of ourselves as seniors, (I don’t) there are certain perks that we can enjoy! Hey! Why not?
- Sex and Relationships – We aren’t done yet. We were the generation of love and just because we’re older doesn’t mean we have to stop enjoying sex and good relationships.
- Favorite Books for Baby Boomers available on Amazon – As a blogger, I met many authors, many of whom are over 50. We have a vast life experience to share. This page lists some of my favorite books written by midlife and beyond authors that you can purchase directly on Amazon.
- Product Reviews – Often I get the chance to review products and services. Please click to see what I’ve tried and recommend.