I’m a diehard foodie and a huge promoter of eating real food that will help us extend our longevity and quality of life. But, I’m also not into deprivation. Good food is meant to be enjoyed. I’ve put together a list of some of my favorite gourmet and culinary products for Baby Boomer foodies who love to eat, cook, stay nourished, and entertain.
My philosophy is to eat smart – That means consuming food that’s “clean” and not laden with junk. It’s important to avoid products that are packaged, processed and chemically enhanced. Even some food sold at health food stores are filled with junk.
You can view my index of favorite recipes by clicking here.
I’ve put together a food pyramid for health-conscious Baby Boomer foodies who want to stay well, live long, and still enjoy eating. Click here to learn more about it.
For more smart eating tips visit my Eat Smart, Feel Good, Live Longer Food Pyramid by clicking here.
Some of my favorite Products and Services for Baby Boomer Foodies
The products and recommendations I’ve listed below are in congruence with my “eat smart” philosophy and some are honestly just because I love them.
It’s always fun to send indulgent gifts like wine, chocolate, and other treats to loved ones, friends, and colleagues or have them have some for yourself. I’ve included online services that are perfect for sending foodie gifts and others to help you improve your diet or allow you to eat well if you don’t like to cook.
Superfoods and food items for better health and longevity
- The Maca Team -sells products directly from Peru. Get the highest quality Maca root powder from a family-run company who cares. Organic, free trade, non-GMO. Maca root products from Peru. Maca will help improve your hormonal, physical and emotional state each and every day. Read my review and recipe here
- Vital Choice – Wild organic seafood delivered straight to your door. Wild seafood, particularly salmon is an excellent source of Omega 3 fatty acids. If you do not live near the ocean and want high-quality seafood, this site is awesome.
- Art of Tea – Tea contains numerous antioxidants and other health benefits. Art of Tea is a Los Angeles-based organic tea company with a wide variety of teas and gifts available online. Their tea blends are outstanding and it’s a perfect site to order gifts because they come packaged beautifully. Enjoy the health benefits of organic tea.
Coffee and coffee accessories
- Sudden Coffee – This “instant” coffee is crystallized and is better than Starbucks. Recommended by the New York Times, Fast Company, Food and Wine, Kitchen, and Epicurious. It comes in a little vial that you mix with hot water. 100% Arabic, single origin beans. It tastes fresh because it’s freeze-dried. Try it, you’ll like it.
- JavaPresse – Enjoy an organic coffee of the month club as well as unique coffee accessories and equipment. French Press, Pour over and Burr Grinder. Each coffee selection is sourced from small-batch growers. The coffee is shipped within 2 hours of roasting to keep it extra fresh.
Kitchenware and Gadgets
- Soda Stream – Enjoy fresh sparkling water at home in just a few seconds with SodaStream. No more lugging big bottles of water back from the store or dragging them to the recycling bin. SodaStream lets you make fresh, sparkling water as often as you like.
- Martha & Marley Spoon will send recipes of your choice and the fresh, pre-portioned ingredients you need to cook them directly to your door, so you can enjoy something new and delicious any night of the week. With over 18,000 recipes from the Martha Stewart archives to draw from, menus feature carefully tested dishes that range from classic to creative. Choose from 10 recipes every week, pick your preferred delivery day, and skip any weeks that don’t work for you. Whether it’s grass-fed beef, artisanal vinegar, or seasonal produce, Martha & Marley Spoon works directly with the finest purveyors to deliver the best to your door.
Home Meal Deliveries
- Farm Fresh to You – For the past several years, I’ve been receiving a box of produce from local farms delivered to my doorstep and I am hooked. My box contains organically grown fruits and vegetables that are fresh and in perfect condition. I can customize my box each time and there is a selection of other culinary treats like balsamic vinegar, olive oil, nuts, honey, and other gourmet farm products that I can add to my order.
- Home Chef – This company puts together healthy meal kits that you assemble and cook them yourself. You choose 15 of your favorite fresh recipes from their list. Some features steak, chicken, pork, fish, vegetarian and other choices. Then, they will send you a box or pre-portioned ingredients with recipe cards that correspond. Each meal is packed in ice and ready to stick in your freezer until you are ready. You receive a new box each week. Ingredients are fresh and sourced from trusted suppliers and meals take approximately 30 minutes from start to finish.
- Home Bistro – If you aren’t into cooking but still want to eat balanced smart eating fresh meals in appropriate portions, check out this wonderful delivery service. Meals are healthy and are the perfect combination for those of us over 50 looking to maintain a healthy weight.
- Balance by Bistro MD – Are you on a special diet but don’t have time to shop and cook? Balance by Bistro MD will help you eat to stay healthy, lose weight, and help those on gluten-free, low sodium, or diabetic diets that are physician approved. It is a perfect option for elderly parents who need assistance with meals as well.
- Factor 75 – 75 healthy meals sent to your home or office. Organic, non-GMO. Choices include Paleo, Keto, and Dairy Free. Grass-fed and pastured meats, no antibiotics or hormones, gluten, soy, sugar, and artificial sweetener free. Prices depend on how many meals you would like delivered per week.
- Shipt – Bring the grocery store to your door and actually get paid to shop. Shop for what you want on your phone using an app and get same day delivery.
Gourmet Gift Baskets to give as gifts for your favorite foodies
- Hale Groves – Select beautiful citrus fruits and baskets from Florida’s Indian River region. Order gift baskets for the holidays and special occasions, gourmet gifts, and monthly fruit deliveries.
- Monthly Clubs -Join your favorite food club for a monthly shipment and for gift-giving. You can choose from wine, chocolate and even cigars with collections delivered monthly.
- ZChocolat.com – Good chocolate is essential, right? This company is French and offers beautiful luxury chocolate gifts and gift baskets. zChocolat products are 100% made in France and are created and produced in the city of Troyes located in the Champagne region by World Champion Chocolatier Pascal Caffet, who is a world champion chocolatier. These chocolates are truly the most delicious gifts you can present to that special person on their special day. Each piece is made in the French tradition – high cocoa content, low sugar and 100% pure cocoa butter. What could be better? Now available – Vegan chocolate.
- Lobster Gram – Since 1987, Lobster Gram has delivered live Maine lobster, lobster tails, shrimp, chowders, melt in your mouth steaks, desserts and more. Lobster Gram makes an unforgettable gift and includes complete cooking instructions. They offer many gifting options including beautiful gift buckets, personalized gift cards, and E-certificates to allow recipients to conveniently choose the date and location of their package or gift certificate delivery. How fun is that?
- DI Bruno Gourmet Cheeses & Meats – From cured meats to stinky (but delicious) cheese, Di Bruno Bros offers an array of culinary gifts and club memberships. Coffee, sweets, oils, vinegar, cocktail supplies and more. Bacon lovers will love their Things to do with Bacon.
Wine and spirits
Wine Awesomeness – Order a monthly box of curated wines handpicked from all over the world. This company tracks select wines that you don’t necessarily find in stores so each month you receive a surprise. Each box is packaged with a theme and comes with stories about each wine and recipes to pair with each bottle. You can choose to have reds, wines, or a combination.
Please share this image on Pinterest