Adult braces today are said to be the new Botox! Gone are the days when they were perceived as contraptions confined to teenagers. With the options available today, more and more middle-aged women prefer them to get the smile of their dreams since they not only help straighten teeth but can also knock a few years off.
Orthodontic treatments such as adult braces have become routine for midlife adults, especially women. In fact, braces are considered to be one of the trendiest beauty products for getting a perfect smile. No wonder that around one-third of all orthodontic patients today are adults. There is a lot of variety when it comes to adult braces today. Listed below are the popular options:
- Clear or Ceramic Braces – These braces are designed to match the color of the patient’s teeth, hence minimizing their visibility. They are to be worn on the front side of the teeth.
- Invisalign – These aligners are a great option for those who want to straighten their teeth with minimum to almost zero visibility. They are custom-made to fit perfectly and snugly over the patient’s teeth. They are removable and gently shift the teeth back to their correct position.
- Self-Ligating Braces – These braces comprise tieless brackets with a slide mechanism, which allows archwires to slide back and forth with ease. This design helps reduce the friction, discomfort, and tightness which are common in case of traditional braces. Self-Ligating braces don’t interfere with your routine or lifestyle and are practically invisible.
A majority of orthodontists offer flexible financing options and payment plans which can be designed to your advantage. Some dental insurance plans may cover it as well.
Now let’s take a look at the benefits of adult braces
- They Cost Less than Cosmetic Surgery
Orthodontic treatments have almost the same effect as cosmetic surgery but are way more affordable and much less invasive. Adults opt for orthodontic treatment as it helps lift the mouth upwards, making the face look firmer and younger. Besides, they help straighten misaligned teeth giving you a perfectly straight smile. Orthodontic work can really have a dramatic impact on the aging lines around the mouth.
- They Boost Self-confidence
The braces give you a healthy and a beautiful smile. There is no age cut-off to consider getting braces. Your perfect smile boosts your smile confidence and you may enhance your chances of professional and social opportunities.
- They Help Avoid Serious Oral Health Issues
Misaligned or crooked teeth, improper jaw positioning, and other such orthodontic problems can cause major oral health issues as you age. If left untreated they can also impact your overall health resulting in headaches, chewing problems, speaking, earaches, gastrointestinal problems, gum, and bone erosion, facial pain, biting issues, Temporomandibular Joint or TMJ disorders etc. So, braces for midlife adults are not only an affordable beauty product but a wise investment towards their oral and overall health.
If you too are seeking affordable options to straighten your teeth and get a perfect smile, schedule an appointment with your orthodontist. With appropriate teeth straightening braces you can not only alter your aesthetic appearance but improve your oral health also.